Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2601 - 2620 of 2643 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Wiredsport
Hello,

I am searching for my first pair of new boots and I am looking at the ThirtyTwo Lashed Bradshaw Double Boa.
I measured my feet earlier after watching both of your videos and here they are:
Left foot: 26.6 cm
Right foot: 26.2cm
Both have a width of 9.8 (9.9)cm.
Which size would be good for me and will those boots work for my feet? I was thinking of the size 8.5US (41 euro). I am from Europe and most of my shoes are 41 euro (I know shoe size shouldn’t match boot size, but apparently, for me in Euro sizes, it might be the same). If I use your website tool, it gives me US 9, due to the 26.6cm measurement, but I believe that it would be too big for me, US 9 meaning mondo 27cm for the 32 Lashed.

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,604 · (Edited)
Hi Andrelica,
26.6 cm is Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. You are a standard D width. You smaller foot is at the smaller side of the range for Mondopoint 265 or size 8.5 US in snowboard boots. While I do understand that some riders with this situation do opt for the smaller side, I can't suggest that. The break in period can be uncomfortable for the larger foot. As always, I would suggest that you use Mondopoint as your final reference for purchase and you should have your heat fit done first thing.

STOKED!

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Wiredsport
I went today and tried on some ThirtyTwo Lashed Double Boa in 26.5cm size and this was my experience: I don’t really know why, but the right foot (the smaller one) was pushing more into the liner than the left one. Both were pushing a bit, but nothing too uncomfortable. When I leaned on the boot tongue, the fingers wouldn’t touch the front of the boot anymore. So I don’t believe they were too big for me. But something else bothered me more. I felt like I don’t have enough support on the lower part of my foot. The heel was held in ok but I could move my foot around from left to right and up and down a bit. And when I tightened the lower Boa, I didn’t feel much pressure on my feet, even thought it was tightened at maximum. So I think they were too wide for me. Then I went and tried on some Burton Ruler Speed Lace in 26.5cm and they held in my foot perfectly. The biggest toe would push a bit more into the liner than with the Lashed, but when I leaned on my tongue, they grazed the liner just a tiny bit. Overall, I felt more hold from all around my foot with the Rulers and I am thinking of buying these. I tried also the 27cm Ruler, but the right foot (the smaller one) would wiggle from left to right like in the 26.5cm Lashed. What is your advice? Should I go for the 26.5 Rulers?

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,606 ·
Hi Andelica,

I am really stoked when riders come to see the benefits of their actual Mondo sizes. Even that can be quite process. For that reason I don't suggest that riders go smaller than Mondo (although I fully understand that some do choose to).

STOKED!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Andelica,

I am really stoked when riders come to see the benefits of their actual Mondo sizes. Even that can be quite process. For that reason I don't suggest that riders go smaller than Mondo (although I fully understand that some do choose to).

STOKED!
Hi @Wiredsport,
Thank you for your answers!
I am a bit uncertain with this whole situation. I really want to make the best choice for me and is really hard since am at the limit of US8.5. I felt like in the 27cm I had too much movement inside the boot which I don’t know if it’s normal. That would be with 0.8cm bigger than my smaller foot. And when they will pack out, this difference would just increase. I was also diagnosed in my childhood with flat feet and wore orthopedic insoles until I was 18 (I’m 24 now). And I still believe my arches are lower than usual. Wouldn’t a 26.5cm would be my best bet if I bought some orthopedic insoles and also heat mold my boots? I am really afraid of the “too loose” feeling inside my boot after they pack out. I really don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
Brand new here and looking to buy my first pair of non-rentals to really commit. Last time I went up several different sizes of rentals all gave me immense pain, the rental store told me I may have wide feet, I have also been told I'm flat footed, but no one seems to be able to tell me what is actually going wrong so that I can definitively decide on the right fit. I live in NE and have no subject matter experts available for try ons.
I was very happy to find your sizing guides and hopeful to receive some more certainty. As a background, I have currently ordered some Burton Ruler 11s (non-wide) because a Scheels employee told me if I sized up it might work. (Before I found these tips.
My daily comfort boot is a MensUS 10 W (as in not a snowboard boot)
My feet both measure 29 cm length (so 29 Mondo, right? Which shows as a size 11 on Burton website)
Both are 10 cm wide (so 3.93 inches, meaning C or D on the width chart depending on if it's using US shoe size or snowboard boot size, I'm not sure)

I originally thought I needed a size below my boot size and wide but bought a regular 11 to "size up for width" BUT these measurements tell me I"m not wide and that I'm also not even actually sizing up. Did I just stumble into buying the perfect size on accident? Pictures for reference.
Shoe Human body Wood Helmet Headgear

Joint Camouflage Shoe Arm Military camouflage
Wood Flooring Floor Barefoot Knee

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,609 ·
Hello everyone,
Brand new here and looking to buy my first pair of non-rentals to really commit. Last time I went up several different sizes of rentals all gave me immense pain, the rental store told me I may have wide feet, I have also been told I'm flat footed, but no one seems to be able to tell me what is actually going wrong so that I can definitively decide on the right fit. I live in NE and have no subject matter experts available for try ons.
I was very happy to find your sizing guides and hopeful to receive some more certainty. As a background, I have currently ordered some Burton Ruler 11s (non-wide) because a Scheels employee told me if I sized up it might work. (Before I found these tips.
My daily comfort boot is a MensUS 10 W (as in not a snowboard boot)
My feet both measure 29 cm length (so 29 Mondo, right? Which shows as a size 11 on Burton website)
Both are 10 cm wide (so 3.93 inches, meaning C or D on the width chart depending on if it's using US shoe size or snowboard boot size, I'm not sure)

I originally thought I needed a size below my boot size and wide but bought a regular 11 to "size up for width" BUT these measurements tell me I"m not wide and that I'm also not even actually sizing up. Did I just stumble into buying the perfect size on accident? Pictures for reference.
Hi Surefire,

I will be happy to help. We are going to need to get those measurements again without the base molding. Your foot is overhanging the molding which is giving false readings. Please watch this video and pay particular attention to the pitfall section. STOKED!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
@Wiredsport Sorry for being so insistent, but I am going on a snow camp on 23rd of January and I really wanted to have my full gear bought until then. Could you please reread my last post, before Surefire's? I am a very perfectionist person (I know it can be a defect) and want to know that I made the right decision, after researching so much info about the subject. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,611 ·
Hi Andelica,

My earlier response has not changed.

STOKED!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Surefire,

I will be happy to help. We are going to need to get those measurements again without the base molding. Your foot is overhanging the molding which is giving false readings. Please watch this video and pay particular attention to the pitfall section. STOKED!

I will redo my measurements today but all of the walls in my house have that molding. We made sure to be solid against the wall and the molding was high enough that only my ankle bone had any overhang (if there was no molding the ankle bone would be pushed laterally without any movement of the foot anyway). We'll use the countertop island tonight lol. I didn't see that video linked in the fitting post that's pinned on the topic btw, might be a good idea to link it along with the word for word instructions! Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here are my measurements. My widest feet is my right foot which is a touch barely under 10cm and my longest foot is my left foot which is 26cm.
So from the mondo chart, I'm considered a E width US size 8.
Does burton or another company that make step ons, make a E wide size boots yet?
I asked this a season or 2 ago and it seem that there was no company making E size step ons.
I was hoping this season or next that there will be more companies offering E wide boots.

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,614 ·
Here are my measurements. My widest feet is my right foot which is a touch barely under 10cm and my longest foot is my left foot which is 26cm.
So from the mondo chart, I'm considered a E width US size 8.
Does burton or another company that make step ons, make a E wide size boots yet?
I asked this a season or 2 ago and it seem that there was no company making E size step ons.
I was hoping this season or next that there will be more companies offering E wide boots.
Hi,

Based on those measurements you are indeed Mondopoint 260 at an E width. No Step-On boots are designed for E width.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am kinda new here and looking to buy my first pair of non-2nd hand boots to really commit. I was very happy to find your sizing guides and hopeful to receive some more certainty. As a background, I have currently bought Burton Ion 8.5. However, i am too aware of my toes in the boot. When I am wearing the boots, but not touching my feet to the ground, my toes are not really in contact with the front side of the boots. However, as soon as I touch the ground (in any pressure point heels or toes) my toes start to get pressurized (not a slight pressure).
Here is my data and picures for reference.

My feet both measure 26.2cm length
Both are 11 cm wide (when I am standing still)
Ruler Tape measure Office ruler Eyelash Wood
Leg Human body Wood Finger Hardwood

Wood Floor Flooring Barefoot Nail

My old boots are:
Solomon savage RTL US 8 (26cm)
(i thought there were small for my foot, i have felt some annoyance on my toes after few hours of snowboarding. However, when I wear these boots, I dont even feel any pressure on my toes when I am stepping down with them or walking carelessly with them)
Gesture Wood Floor Barefoot Flooring

Human body Wood Gesture Flooring Floor

New boots I have recieved are US 8.5

Floor Flooring Nail Human leg Knee

Barefoot Nail Toe Foot Comfort

According to the insturctions and guides, these boots should be (may be not the most ideal) a nice fit for my foot. However, feeling pressure in my toes while not even riding them but only wearing them made me confused. There is a (US 9) Burton drive x in the same store that I can swap these ions. What would you suggest?

Big thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello @Wiredsport,

I’ve ordered some Nitro Club Double Boa in 26.5cm. To remind of sizes: left foot: 26.6cm, right foot: 26.2cm. Here are some pictures with the insoles. Strangely enough, my right toe feels very cramped inside of the boot, even though that foot is 0.3cm smaller than mondopoint size of the boot. Do you think these are too small for me and should I go for some 27cm?

Wood Flooring Floor Finger Automotive tire

Skin Leg Human body Wood Grey

Skin Human body Wood Comfort Gesture

Dress Human body Wood Comfort Grey

Leg Textile Knee Wood Vein

Shoe Human body Wood Grey Finger

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,619 ·
Hello everyone,
I am kinda new here and looking to buy my first pair of non-2nd hand boots to really commit. I was very happy to find your sizing guides and hopeful to receive some more certainty. As a background, I have currently bought Burton Ion 8.5. However, i am too aware of my toes in the boot. When I am wearing the boots, but not touching my feet to the ground, my toes are not really in contact with the front side of the boots. However, as soon as I touch the ground (in any pressure point heels or toes) my toes start to get pressurized (not a slight pressure).
Here is my data and picures for reference.

My feet both measure 26.2cm length
Both are 11 cm wide (when I am standing still)
View attachment 161037 View attachment 161038
View attachment 161039
My old boots are:
Solomon savage RTL US 8 (26cm)
(i thought there were small for my foot, i have felt some annoyance on my toes after few hours of snowboarding. However, when I wear these boots, I dont even feel any pressure on my toes when I am stepping down with them or walking carelessly with them)
View attachment 161035

View attachment 161036
New boots I have recieved are US 8.5

View attachment 161040
View attachment 161041

According to the insturctions and guides, these boots should be (may be not the most ideal) a nice fit for my foot. However, feeling pressure in my toes while not even riding them but only wearing them made me confused. There is a (US 9) Burton drive x in the same store that I can swap these ions. What would you suggest?

Big thanks in advance!
Hi,

I wil be happy to help. Please measure your feet using the method in this vid:

2601 - 2620 of 2643 Posts