Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2621 - 2640 of 2643 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,621 ·
First of all, thank you for the reply :)
I have exactly like that now

26.3cm length
10.5 cm width
Hi,
Based on these measurements you are Mondopoint 265 or size 8.5 US in snowboard boots. You are an EE width. I would strongly suggest the Burton Ruler WIde or Ion Wide in Mondopoint 265.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport , I am new to this forum and would like to get some advice on fitting a new set of women boots.

These are my feet’s measurements following your method, which is mondo size 23.
  • length: 230mm long (same for both feet)
  • width 85mm(left) 86mm (right)

I was trying out a pair of brand new Burton Limelight size 6 and they felt very tight. In particular there was a lot of pressure from above the toes, and my feet felt numb after a few minutes. Do you think these boots would fit properly better packed in, or should I go with different size (wide or half size bigger) or different brand?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport, another one here looking for boot fit advice!

Looking for a pair of boots - I'm another hobbit foot rider and struggle to find shoes wide enough. I've ordered the Burton Ruler and Photon Boa Wides - as this is what is available in my size in the UK. Got a few sizes, after some trial and error I think its either a UK 9, 9.5 - Monddo 28, 28.5

Based on the insole photos below, which would you say is best? I'ved also measured my foot but there isn't a straight edge in my house so its a best bet, and after doing my research including this forum, it seems the insole test is the one! Note, I need to double check but the yellow/grew is Mondo 29, the Black/green one is 28.5.

Length - 284mm
Width - 113mm

I also popped into a snowboard shop to get a measurement on their tool which comes up a bit different and I'm not sure its right, pic also shown:

Length - 279mm
Width - 113mm

THanks for the help!

Motor vehicle Font Symbol Metal Carmine

Leg Human body Barefoot Thumb Wood

Leg Water Wood Barefoot Finger

Wood Finger Flooring Hardwood Nail

Hand Wood Finger Flooring Nail

Leg Human body Road surface Wood Finger

Dress Human body Road surface Wood Flooring

Hand Leg Water Window Human body
Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Tints and shades

Width - 113mm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,624 ·
Hi @Wiredsport, another one here looking for boot fit advice!

Based on the insole photos below, which would you say is best? I'ved also measured my foot but there isn't a straight edge in my house so its a best bet, and after doing my research including this forum, it seems the insole test is the one! Note, I need to double check but the yellow/grew is Mondo 29, the Black/green one is 28.5.
Hi,
Please find our how to measure video and follow all of the instructions there. Using that method only please provide your four barefoot measurements. STOKED!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're doing gods work over here. I'm on pair 6 (six) of boots this season after retiring my old 32s and still experiencing foot pain. Boot fitter at a shop put me in size 9 Burton Ruler Wides after measuring with a Brannock Device. I went out with them once and my left big toe was in agony at the end of the day. I also have a pair of 9.5 Adidas Response 3MC ADV that seem to fit much better despite the guy telling me I had wide feet.

Measurements are from my right foot which was like a mm longer than my left:
Ruler Tape measure Rectangle Wood Office ruler

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,626 ·
You're doing gods work over here. I'm on pair 6 (six) of boots this season after retiring my old 32s and still experiencing foot pain. Boot fitter at a shop put me in size 9 Burton Ruler Wides after measuring with a Brannock Device. I went out with them once and my left big toe was in agony at the end of the day. I also have a pair of 9.5 Adidas Response 3MC ADV that seem to fit much better despite the guy telling me I had wide feet.

Measurements are from my right foot which was like a mm longer than my left:
Hi,

I would like to see images of all four of your barefoot measurements being taken. Each image should show your whole foot, the whole measuring tool, and your wall to above your ankle. Based on the measurements above you are mid range for Mondopoint 265 or size 8.5 US in snowboard boots. You are just barely an E width so Burton Wide boots (EEE width) would be at least 2 sizes too wide. Lets get a look at your measurements and see if we can find the problem/error.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, good to know. I’ll have to enlist my girlfriends help to get photos so I can stand up straight, will report back in a week. Leaving now for a 5 day Tahoe trip and packed the 9.5 Adidas since they at least felt more snug than the Rulers. Thanks again for the help. Very hyped to actually find boots that fit after a decade of riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Please find our how to measure video and follow all of the instructions there. Using that method only please provide your four barefoot measurements. STOKED!
Hi,
Yes I did it,

284mm and 113mm wide,

I think perhaps Burton isn't the one, after going to my local shop yesterday it seems the photon wide isn't much wider than the regular boot. The toe box is roomier but the rest of the boot not so much, and my foot is wide in the mid area. Ordered some thirty two tm-2s in 28.5 to try. Their boots look a lot roomier in the mid foot, you can tell from the insole and sole. I tried on some regulars but they were too tight in the toes, so hopefully the wides are good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
So I measured again and photos attached,

I realised my girlfriend's tape measure was dodge, see photos next to my steel tape measure and see how it goes out of sync!

I still get variable results depending on how firm I stand but here is my best shot, sorry a bit messy, on the right foot:

Length - 283.5mm
Width (furthest out line) - 112mm

Left foot:

Length (middle line) - 282mm
Width (inner line) - 109mm

So right a bit bigger. But you can also see from my previous shots my foot is wide far back! What do you think @Wiredsport, maybe the thirty twos will be the ones?

Thanks again for the help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,630 ·
Hi Dave,

You are mid range for Mondo 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. You are a low EEE width. I would strongly suggest either the Burton Ruler WIde or Burton Ion Wide in Mondo 285. Please note that these suggestions are not for step on models.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello @Wiredsport, do you mind helping me find some boots or solve a boot issue I'm having? I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Okay how do I stop this from happening to the top of my foot? My boots are always crushing the big vein on my foot. It's been a problem for the last few seasons, especially since I've been fitting into a smaller boots. It really ruins my day as my feet go to sleep. All the "boot fitters" just try to sell me a boot the same as my shoe size... this elevates the problem, but the boots don't last with all the riding that I do.
Arm Human body Gesture Comfort Finger

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,539 Posts
I would get something like a large thick band-aid, put it on the pressure points, then get the boots heat-molded. You probably just need a little more room right there.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I would get something like a large thick band-aid, put it on the pressure points, then get the boots heat-molded. You probably just need a little more room right there.
Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately I tried something similar with my last set of boots. In a ski shop they put foam pads on pressure the points followed by a very thin sock and I wore my snowboard socks over the top of that. They then heat moulded the liner. It didn't work.. I've even tried drastic measures like cutting away material aswell... Basically I'm not sure if I can do anything else bar size up... Its annoying because the fit and hold feels fine everywhere else.

·
7,539 Posts
Given the location of the pressure point, is it possible you are arching your foot in your boot? If so, it wouldn't matter what was done during heat molding, you'd just arch more.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Given the location of the pressure point, is it possible you are arching your foot in your boot? If so, it wouldn't matter what was done during heat molding, you'd just arch more.
It's not something I'm conscience of, the length of my boot feels fine to me. No discomfort when I first put them on, its an issue after a few laps, so guess once I'm warmed up and blood is pumping, that vein just gets crushed. I'm using a pair of custom Sidas foot beds. What else could cause arching of the foot?

·
7,539 Posts
Arching the foot is something people might do if the boot is a little loose or if they're getting heel lift. Essentially making the foot stay put by wedging it. I used to do that with my old boots when I first started, but then I was in a full size too big.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What's the point of measuring your foot width? AS far as I know companies don't give out widths. I have 32 boots tm3's and there is no size of width or volume.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay how do I stop this from happening to the top of my foot? My boots are always crushing the big vein on my foot. It's been a problem for the last few seasons, especially since I've been fitting into a smaller boots. It really ruins my day as my feet go to sleep. All the "boot fitters" just try to sell me a boot the same as my shoe size... this elevates the problem, but the boots don't last with all the riding that I do.
Silly question 1: have you tried different manufacturers?
I have slightly high arches and high insteps so the fit on my instep is one of my priorities for boots. I had the "pleasure" of trying and buying new boots this year. I really didn't get on with Burtons for example. The tongues seemed to be a bit stiffer and pre-curved and designed to push your foot down when you push your shins forward. A nice idea for counteracting heel-lift but very uncomfortable for me. I couldn't even get my foot past the tongue of some adidas sambas.
I think I tried some lace-up 32s which were more comfortable. In the end I went with some Salomon Dialogues which I'm very happy with.
There wasn't much selection this year so I didn't try enough to give any definitive recommendations sorry.

Silly question 2: can you tighten the top and bottom of the boot separately?
My last boots were laced and had a "lace-lock" between the lower and upper sets of eyelets. My current boots have 2 zone speed laces. Being able to leave the lower section looser than the top section makes a big difference.
I also tend to think that laces can be slightly more comfortable than speed-laces or boa (saying that I love the convenience of my speedlaces)

Similarly, don't over-tighten the liners. There's a fine line between just-firm-enough and pain at the end of the first run.

I haven't got to the point where I needed to cut material away. I know you said you tried this already but there is good thread on this topic somewhere on this forum where it worked well. I think the user was @neni ?
I think there is also an angrysnowboarder video about this where he uses foam-padding to help make a "bridge" over the sensitive area.

Hopefully you can avoid sizing up as this will end up creating new issues. Good luck!

2621 - 2640 of 2643 Posts