Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2641 - 2643 of 2643 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,641 ·
What's the point of measuring your foot width? AS far as I know companies don't give out widths. I have 32 boots tm3's and there is no size of width or volume.
Hi Ian,

Foot width is every bit as important as length. To get it right you need to measure and match both.

While standard foot width is D width for Men and B width for women, we now have entries at E width (Salomon Wide), EE width (Ride Lasso Pro Wide) and EEE width (Burton ION Wide, Ruler Wide, Moto Wide). These all either are, or have previously been noted by the brands as designed for these specific widths. Additionally, we have other wide models that, while never width specified, we have some clues about.

STOKED!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the additional images. This confirms Mondopoint 270 (hot or cold) and E width (not EE). There is only one manufacturer that produces their wide boots for E width and that is Salomon. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in US size 9.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

Hi @Wiredsport long ago thread/post, but with regards to my feet, can I check if its possible for me to use US8.5 Salomon Dialogue Wide JP instead of the US9 as I can only for US8.5. Thank you!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport,

Thank you for your prompt reply. As for my measurement, the ruler has a gap of 2mm, so we have to subtract the 2mm from the readings.
Apologies, I just retook my feel measurements and its weird that its slightly different - not sure why. Could it be because its night time here and temperature is cooler and feet tend to shrink a little? the width of my feet measurement differs, as you can see i place my feet very lightly touching the wall and not squeezing against the wall.
View attachment 153535 View attachment 153534 View attachment 153536 View attachment 153539 View attachment 153538

However previously measured with the mondopoint scale at a shoe shop. I was told I have an E or EE foot. Could it be temperature? And we should based it off when feet is warm?

Thanks again.
@Wiredsport this was my old thread/post

2641 - 2643 of 2643 Posts