Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1961 - 1980 of 2004 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,961
Hi, I'm a 10 1/8 in (converts to 25.72cm) long and 3 5/8 in (converts to 9.21 cm). So I guess I'm a size 8, but I'm not sure about my width. Could you help me out?
Hi DQ,

You are a "standard" D width so no issues there. You are correct that you are Mondopoint 260 or size 8 in snowboard boots.

STOKED!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, looking for boots that won't kill my feet. I think I'm a 9.5 wide but I could be wrong.

Starts are 27.2x10.6 and 27.7x11.1.

Looked at fitters near me but none have wide boots to try on :(. I'll have to order some and how they fit /return them and try again.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,964
Hello, looking for boots that won't kill my feet. I think I'm a 9.5 wide but I could be wrong.

Starts are 27.2x10.6 and 27.7x11.1.

Looked at fitters near me but none have wide boots to try on :(. I'll have to order some and how they fit /return them and try again.
Hi KG,

27.7 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 11.1 cm is an EE width at your size which requires a very specific wide boots. I would strongly suggest either the Burton Ruler wide or the Burton Photon Wide in size 10.

STOKED!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi KG,

27.7 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 11.1 cm is an EE width at your size which requires a very specific wide boots. I would strongly suggest either the Burton Ruler wide or the Burton Photon Wide in size 10.

STOKED!
Thank you! I'll make sure to update after a few sessions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes to size 8. There are no narrow widths produced for snowboard boots so C is not an option. Flow's Talon boots are my go to suggestion for narrow feet if you like a very stiff boot.
Hey @Wiredsport !

Wanted to follow up for other boots recs. Looked everywhere for Flow Talon's but can't seem to find them in stock.

• Medium or Stiff
  • Size 8, regular width
  • Male
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been looking/thinking about new boots for a while now, last season I used some rentals while overseas and most places gave me a boot based on my shoe size.
When I was in Vienna one of the small stores I used didn't agree thats what I needed and gave me a boot he thought would suit better, and it really blew away all the previous boots I had used.

So ignoring the whole what size boot I normally wear, here are my photos. (including the left over black toe nail from one of December's bad boots!)

The only thing I really remember about the boots I rented were they were Solomon and said 300 on the side.🤷‍♂️
With my measuring I came up with the following (Width taken along the toe joint/knuckle line)
Left: L 29.2cm W 12.0cm
Right: L 29.5cm W 12.0cm

I was thinking this put me at a 295-300 E?
I'm ready to ditch what I know about boots and be a skeptic in small boots! 🤣 🤣

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,970
Got it. Your feet or both Mondopoint 290 or size 11 US i snowboard boots. You are an EE width which requires very specific wide boots. I would strongly suggest the Burton Ruler Wide or Photon Wide in US size 11.

STOKED!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've read most of these pages and I thought I would accept that sizing more easily, but it just all sounds so odd as I havent used a boot that small since I was a teenager!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most likely so.. thats the biggest complaint I have when trying to find a boot.. the toe area all jammed up. I'll do the hunt over the coming week to find someone to sell it and heat mold it in preparation for a month in Europe over christmas period.
(I did check your site for them too!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey wired,
Are there any boot recommendations for narrow feet aside from Flow Talon? I've been considering the Vans Infuse?

Male/size 8/medium or stiff flex

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got it. Your feet or both Mondopoint 290 or size 11 US i snowboard boots. You are an EE width which requires very specific wide boots. I would strongly suggest the Burton Ruler Wide or Photon Wide in US size 11.

STOKED!
Just bought Photon Wide 11.. the left boot fit like a dream, but the right one I think will be too tight. Had it heat molded and it's a little better, so here's hoping that it packs out when I get back to the alps next month. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Wired,
Apologies for the spam, (started another thread with foot pics) but was wondering if i could get some advice, looking at photon or swath step ons.
Measurements are:
My measurements were:
Right = 25.8 length / 9.6 wide
Left = 25.9 length / 9.7 wide

I normally wear size 9 - had Flow the Ansr boots before and are very comfy for me.

However according to your previous posts, i should be getting size 8, should i get wide?
Should i play it safe and get 8.5 wide?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would strongly suggest either the Salomon Dialogue Wide or the Salmon Synapse Wide. Both are designed for E width (only Salomon produces any boots for E width). We would not expect you to fit well in a standard (D) width boot as you are at the top end of the range for E width.

STOKED!
Hey @Wiredsport (or anybody else) , pretty sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask anyway...

I got a pair of the wide Synapse and there is more than enough room in the toe box, which is really nice, but the heel and ankle are extremely loose. I put a ton of foam in them, and they're good to go now, but I'm wondering if there are any boots I should try on that have more space in the toe box, and tighter heels?

Hoping to find my Cinderella boots, but guessing this is the best in going to do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,978
Hey @Wiredsport (or anybody else) , pretty sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask anyway...

I got a pair of the wide Synapse and there is more than enough room in the toe box, which is really nice, but the heel and ankle are extremely loose. I put a ton of foam in them, and they're good to go now, but I'm wondering if there are any boots I should try on that have more space in the toe box, and tighter heels?

Hoping to find my Cinderella boots, but guessing this is the best in going to do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Have you had your heat fit done?

1961 - 1980 of 2004 Posts