Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
One of the problem is that I have already the us15 boots and now I am trying to find the board for it..... I was already desperate because I have tried all the boots in the shops and coudlnt find the good fit and the only boots that were ok were the US15s so i have bought them...

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Got it. Yes, you are Mondopoint 310 (size 13 US in snowboard boots). You definitely do not want to base your board and binding choices on a size 15boot. That would be taking one early (and common) error and making it into a very expensive group of errors. It is good that we caught this now. I would strongly suggest that you go to the shop that sold you the boots, let them know that you are Mondopoint 310 at a EE width and that they sold you Mondopoint 330 at a standard width. I am sure that they will work with you.

STOKED!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Got it. Yes, you are Mondopoint 310 (size 13 US in snowboard boots). You definitely do not want to base your board and binding choices on a size 15boot. That would be taking one early (and common) error and making it into a very expensive group of errors. It is good that we caught this now. I would strongly suggest that you go to the shop that sold you the boots, let them know that you are Mondopoint 310 at a EE width and that they sold you Mondopoint 330 at a standard width. I am sure that they will work with you.

STOKED!
And how can I find some of these boots in the filters of the stores ? Because I didn't find them there... I was in blue-tomato

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
And how can I find some of these boots in the filters of the stores ? Because I didn't find them there... I was in blue-tomato
I would suggest that you search for Burton Ruler Wide or Burton Photon Wide.

STOKED!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check out the Niche Pyre 155 2019 (275 mm waist) as the 2020 seems to be narrower according to Evo. I’ve just measured mine and it is close to 292 mm at the insert pack. A healthy camber bow with a rocker in the nose. It would be good for your weight too.

You have last one at Snowcountry for 455 EUR with the delivery so a good chunk cheaper than a 600 EUR Skunk Ape.

You can also check out Lib Orca but it will be closer to Skunk Ape’s price tag.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,010 Posts
also when I was talking with all the guys, who sells the snowboards, they told me that normally you need a bit bigger boots than your normal shoes.
I hope that you just got that the wrong way around... if not, don't ever go back to that shop again because that would mean they gave you real bad advice. Too big boots are a perfect recipe for heel lift, tightening issurs and foot pain.

The liners of boots will pack out after some days of riding. It's normak that a boot, which later will fit fine, feels quite tight in the shop. Kick your heel well into the heelcup and ben your knees a bit when trying them in the shop. Standing upright is not the position you will have on the board.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
@Wiredsport & @neni are absolutely correct. Trust them on this. I went from an 11-11.5 W to a size 10 W boot. I wear a size 10.5 quad E in streets. (...and I could still go another 1/2 size smaller in SB boots if my L foot wasn't so misshapen.) 😉😜

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi spanky I have a skunk ape and have used it with size 14 boots. It worked well and it is the 161w. I have been trying to downsize my boots as well. I am the same height and weight as you. Slightly smaller foot. 300cm and 12cm. @Wiredsport how do you find which boots come in wide?

·
Registered
549 Posts
These are the ones Wiredsport is talking about. They aren't always that easy to find. I bought mine directly from Burton. I have the Photon wide.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Hi spanky I have a skunk ape and have used it with size 14 boots. It worked well and it is the 161w. I have been trying to downsize my boots as well. I am the same height and weight as you. Slightly smaller foot. 300cm and 12cm. @Wiredsport how do you find which boots come in wide?
Hi Fazy,

300 cm is Mondopoint 300 or size 12 US in snowboard boots. 12 cm wide is EEE width which requires a very specific boot. Only Burton designs their Wide boots for EEE width. I would suggest that you get either the Burton Ruler Wide or the Burton Photon Wide in size 12. This will have a very positive effect on your riding.

STOKED!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Fazy,

300 cm is Mondopoint 300 or size 12 US in snowboard boots. 12 cm wide is EEE width which requires a very specific boot. Only Burton designs their Wide boots for EEE width. I would suggest that you get either the Burton Ruler Wide or the Burton Photon Wide in size 12. This will have a very positive effect on your riding.

STOKED!
Yeah I can feel some heel rise now in my photon 13s. Sucks to have to get new boots again. Lol

21 - 38 of 38 Posts