Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever mounted or carried a snowboard on a motorcycle before? I need some suggestions on how I would go about doing this. This is a very serious question. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Google Steezy Riders. Jeremy Jones and a few others went on a board trip on their bikes, might be some ideas on there.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think a good question would be what kind of motorcycle? Crotch rocket, would probably need a side mount almost like how guns can be mounted to a ATV/4wheeler. If you have a big fucking cruiser your best bet would be either a tow behind, or trailer hitch mount like you can find on the back of some cars/trucks.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried putting the snowboard on a backpack but I noticed its not very stable and its very wide. I'm worried about the wind resistance the speed limit is 50, would there be a significant amount of wind drag? I'm actually not going up the mountain but plan on riding it to a tram that takes you to the top. I might just go with the backpack idea and just hold up traffic. I hope my snowpants don't melt on the exhaust haha. Its a CBR BTW.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I assumed it was rice rocket. I am going to go ahead and say there will be a great amount of drag (enough to fuck with your riding) and obviously the width would play a factor.

They need to make these for snowboards but maybe mounted higher so when riding a sport bike you can still get some decent lean in the turns.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm curious on this as well. But it would be for a dual sport. *going to google now

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to try this out on wednesday. if you guys dont see me on this forum ever again just assume i died trying. :laugh:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice work man. I'm not so sure about the exhaust ones either though... But, maybe the outside of the canister won't get as hot.

·
Land of the Potato
1,228 Posts
I have found the solution!

that is going to be all over the place. at least use ratchet straps if you're going to just strap it down to the back seat.

·
Registered
538 Posts
To add, the edges on your board will most likely rub against the bungees and cut into them especially if wind is providing a force applied to the board. Doubt this is a good setup unless you want to see how well your board handles bouncing off the road at speed.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Along with what has been mentioned about the bungees (edges cutting through, muffler heat melting them), I can't help but think the board might act like wings in a way. I've been on the back of a bike and it's surprising how much wind moves around the rider's body toward the back, where it whips up, down, and around (or maybe not surprising, considering the aerodynamic design). 50 mph seems like it will have an effect for sure.

Anyway, it seems to me that the board might try to lift or lower in extreme ways on the sides there. Maybe even left to right while moving up and down. If you decide to go like that, maybe ride slowly. Otherwise it seems like it would affect your balance. Good luck!

Edit: Just thinking here...maybe tossing it in a board bag (so it doesn't jab you) and securing it to the rear seat/around the faring from nose to tail (so it's in line with the bike) could work? I can't tell from the photos if the board is too long for that, however. If it's possible though, you could hang a red tag off the back of the bag since it will hang beyond the back of your bike. I think renting the car is the best suggestion so far haha.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts