Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. does anyone know a good pants brand for guys that are around 5'5"?

unfortunately most of the pants out there is geared towards taller guys and my pants always drag on the floor and get damaged.

any help would be great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
I feel your pain, I'm not super short at 5'10" but I get that problem as well. I just got some rip curl pants that have a snap in the back attaching like halfway up my calf to hold the pants up from my heels. And had foursquare pants with a heavy duty fabric around the bottom hem which held up great for like 5 years of getting walked on.

Seems like the tend for snowboard pants is to have a bunch of pant scrunched up by your boots these days. Maybe look into non snowboard brand pants like Patagonia or north face :dunno:. Or see if a tailor can alter them for you.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I know Burton makes their cargo snowboarding pants in a short. You may want to check them out. I guess it really depends on your waist size though since they are usually about 2 in shorter on the inseam compared to the regular length.

Cargo Snowboard Pant - Short | Burton Snowboards

You could also look into some of the non-snowboard specific outdoor companies like Arcteryx, Patagonia, and Mountain Hardwear that also sell snow pants in a short length.

Arcteryx Sabre Pant | Arcteryx for sale at US Outdoor Store
Men's Returnia
Patagonia Men's Snowshot Pants - Short for Skiing and Snowboarding

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know burton makes their cargo snowboarding pants in a short. You may want to check them out. I guess it really depends on your waist size though since they are usually about 2 in shorter on the inseam compared to the regular length.

cargo snowboard pant - short | burton snowboards

you could also look into some of the non-snowboard specific outdoor companies like arcteryx, patagonia, and mountain hardwear that also sell snow pants in a short length.

arcteryx sabre pant | arcteryx for sale at us outdoor store
men's returnia
patagonia men's snowshot pants - short for skiing and snowboarding
thanks! Super helpful!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Sure thing...looks like a few of those links aren't working now though. Not sure what is up. Anyhow, at least you have a few shorter length options.

Just do a google search for the following pants and then make sure you look for the short option of them. usually they will also post the sizing chart.

Burton Cargo Snowboard Pant - Short
Arcteryx Sabre Pant - Short (I think they only come in the carbon and tobiko colors for short)
Mountain Hardwear Returnia - Short
Patagonia Snowshot Pants - Short

1 - 8 of 8 Posts