Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for guys who know snowboard culture. I want some really sick t-shirt or pullover ideas, like casual style wear, not for riding in. Casual Industrees makes some cool shirts like the "I'm so hood" shirt or "damn the rest, shred the Northwest." Stuff like that is what I'm talking about, especially Northwest stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I'm new, I am a legitimate snowboarder tho and I couldn't find another thread with good suggestions

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
Are you only asking because you're so unoriginal you can't come up with your own?

Personally I think a Fuck the Northwest Colorado is better shirt would do wonders.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Somebody throw up the Picard facepalm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gettin a lot of hate on here, I'm new because I spend my time actually snowboarding rather than replying to forums all day. I'm obviously new, I just wanted some fresh ideas. I'm not an idiot, Jesus

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Naw, no hate yet, just some shit. There's some stickies about how to go about this sort of thing. You might want to take a peek at them.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What exactly are you asking? If it's us to give you ideas for shirts you can then make (and potentially profit from), it generally will not go down well. Especially since you are new.

If you already have ideas and want our opinion, different story.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
I'm gettin a lot of hate on here, I'm new because I spend my time actually snowboarding rather than replying to forums all day. I'm obviously new, I just wanted some fresh ideas. I'm not an idiot, Jesus
I'm not quite sure what you're going for here. Are you trying to start a company? If so, I can only speak for myself but I don't buy "snowboard specific" clothing. If Burton has a good hoodie on sale somewhere I'll buy it to keep me warm, but all these boutique brands don't do anything for me. I'd just as well wear an Old Navy hoodie, Bench, whatever.

Here's what I look for in a brand:
- QUALITY (the shits gotta last, cause I'm too lazy to change my clothes every day, underwear okay, but hoodies and jeans I'm a disgusting pig and wear them for upwards of a week before washing)
- COMFORT (if it ain't comfortable, I'm not wearing it, function > form any day)
- LOOKS (yes I don't want to look like a goober, so clean lines, nice colours, etc. are part of the decision)
- COST (I'm not rich and paying too much for something is for saps)

Now if a brand becomes synonymous with the top 3, as in Lululemon mens wear, I'll buy it if I find it on sale, satisfying #4. I have a hoodie, golf shirt, and several base layers from Lululemon and they've all been quality pieces of clothing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually do have a supplier for comfortable shirts. Durability... Not yet tested. But mostly I want ideas for cool things to put on shirts. It will have a brand name but I don't really want to sell, more of like a club thing with riders in my area wearing it

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
A quick search for "snowboard culture" came up with these valuable contributing members of society:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

This is a personal favourite of mine. The single word I think is supposed to be profound. "Just"!!! It just rolls off my tongue...

Here's what ACTUAL snowboarders look like.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

I'm not sure why there's this "culture" around snowboarding and looking like a bum. It's there when I walk into most snowboard shops. BAM! There's somebody with pants too tight, hoodie too big, and looking like they could barely understand how personal finances work let alone understand anything about how a society works. I feel like an outcast in those stores, yet I've been boarding for 21+ years (some of that time competing)...

Time for the culture to DIE!!! Long live jeans and a t-shirt...

/end rant :icon_scratch:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts