Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been watching some snowboard youtubers.

These are guys who have pretty small channels but are growing fast and make cool content.

I would say my top three in not particular order are:
JohnathanBuckhouse

Davidsjones

TobyMiller

Check out their videos cause they are pretty dope.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just came back after a hiatus. Saw this post, probably because it's back on top because of the banned member above me. But I can also really recommend Toby Miller. Also Torstein now has a vlogchannel and there is quite some snowboard footage on it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I checked out the first channel.. seems like the guy puts a lot of time into editing and polishing. It's a different style for sure.
I have attempted to put together a few snowboarding videos and it is hard work (I have an old POS computer and outdated software).
I think it's hard to do without updated hardware/software. There are also different types of content that appeal to different people.
The vlog style seems to be more popular than just putting edits together. Also, it works better if you have someone to help- even if just to capture third person POV video.
I made a video of the hardest thing I've done on a snowboard (probably) and it doesn't even capture what it was really like, so I understand how hard it is to make a good video that people actually want to watch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I checked out the first channel.. seems like the guy puts a lot of time into editing and polishing. It's a different style for sure.
I have attempted to put together a few snowboarding videos and it is hard work (I have an old POS computer and outdated software).
I think it's hard to do without updated hardware/software. There are also different types of content that appeal to different people.
The vlog style seems to be more popular than just putting edits together. Also, it works better if you have someone to help- even if just to capture third person POV video.
I made a video of the hardest thing I've done on a snowboard (probably) and it doesn't even capture what it was really like, so I understand how hard it is to make a good video that people actually want to watch.
I've edited video's with Sony Vegas and After Effects on a Intel Duo with 2 gigs of RAM. Sure you'll have to wait a little longer for it to render but it's possible ;) Don't give up if you really like it, and an editing rig doesn't cost that much if you really are willing to make this a hobby.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have a computer still running Windows Vista.. and use Windows Live Movie Maker (which I actually like, but admitidly have not messed around with anything more advanced). The old hardware and operating system makes it really hard though since I can't see how the video even looks before it renders. It can be fun to do as a non-time intensive hobby, but I don't have the attention span to put into it like these guys..

There are definitely people out there who make some almost professional looking videos.
This one is probably my favorite, but it has no polishing at all, suites me fine, I guess.... not any "true action" like you see in other videos, more of a documentation of a journey so I can share with freinds/family and remeber when I get to old to do this anymore (and I stick to the copyright free Youtube available music).

·
Registered
344 Posts
I started watching Casey Willax's channel a couple of weeks ago.. His videos are great, the riding is awesome and great vibes. Just straight up fun videos. He's up in VT at Mt Snow and just started working as a digger for Carinthia. Definitely worth checking out..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I started youtube channel myself. I do reviews, snow reports, and vlogs of my instructor training. I start from pretty low level, I would appreciate a constructive, honest feedback. Cheers. Here is how you can find me. Search for username: k.d. dabrowski

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm going to give this a go soon coming at it from left field with summer training, exercises, technique isolation and blending, symmetry of body, intentional assymmetry of body, board design and more. :smile:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm going to give this a go soon coming at it from left field with summer training, exercises, technique isolation and blending, symmetry of body, intentional assymmetry of body, board design and more.
Let us know when you start so we can subscribe!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts