Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just had an ankle fusion on my Left ankle. After braking it on a Motocross bike, it never was the same as there was no cartilage in the joint and it would swell and stiffen up after just walking a few hundred meters.

So now my ankle wont move, so my question is how will I go back on the snowboard. Its my left ankle and I ride goofy so it will be my rear ankle while boarding.

Has anyone got a fused ankle and snowboarded before? I have seen a few people that have skiied after and can still do that, but I have never skiied and dont really want to due to it looking gay. HAHA

Cheers!

·
Registered
196 Posts
never had a fused ankle but i broke my ankle while playing high school football my senior year and never went to a doctor in order to continue playing (something i regret now) but am still able to board. Im pretty sure the ankle never fully healed or healed wrong because i still get shooting pains if i move it certain ways. I don't get excruciating pains or anything but at times it is noticeable. With that said, if I'm able to board with a broken ankle I'd imagine you'll be able to ... welcome to the forum by the way

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I snapped my achilles on my front ankle two seasons ago, and my mobility was very limited at the start of last year. I think you'll be fine, you'll just have to make some adjustments to your body motion, ie using your thigh angle to create leverage at your foot. I don't know how much you know about mechanical leverage, but understanding a bit of it might help you visualize what you'll need to do. Or else, just hop out there and let your body figure it out! :thumbsup:
Either way, don't give up just cuz of an injury, keep at it and you'll be fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts