Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a beginner snowboarder that transitioned from skis. I'm looking for something to take on public transit that can hold my boots and board at the minimum, preferably with extra room for a change of clothes and an hydration pack. I'm shying away from the full sized travel bags because I'd prefer to have a bag I can wear while boarding to carry my stuff.

I've been looking at the Ride Messiah, does anyone have one and what are their opinions on it? Are there any recommendations for a bag something like the Messiah?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Burton Day Hiker that carries all my stuff pretty well. It also has strap to put your board in when not in use. Depending on what size you get you can also fit more things. Currently i have the 20L bag and i fit my jacket and some small stuff in there. Now for big stuff i just went ahead and got the Burton Gig bag. That thing fits everything and its padded which is great.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I use a Dakine helipro to carry all my gear on the hill. Works great so far. The only complaint I have it that the straps are really long for some reason. But, that's not so much a problem as an aesthetic niggle I have with the bag.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Dakine has a lifetime warranty on anything. If you break a strap riding or whatever they either replace the part or the bag the whole time you own it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also am looking for a good padded bag that can hold my snowboard, boots, helmet, and a jacket. I used an old ass burton bag but now my friend wants it back. How much does a bag that do all that cost usually?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a couple days of legwork, I still haven't found any retailers that have the pro 2. Thus, I've caved in and just ordered it online from ebags (linked from the Dakine website)

On a further note, does anyone have a recommendation for a specific model of hhydration reservoir?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yeah, make sure you blow the liquid back through the line into the camelbak after you're done taking a sip. Should prevent freezing.

·
Registered
891 Posts
my line always tends to freeze when using camel packs. Any suggestions?
CamelBak® - Thermal Control Kit

Yeah, make sure you blow the liquid back through the line into the camelbak after you're done taking a sip. Should prevent freezing.
This does work, but just remember that if you blow too much that you will end up with air in your bladder which will then allow the water to 'slosh' around int he pack which is annoying.

I really like my KLIM hydration reservoir, its easier to clean than the camelbak ones.

Amazon.com: Klim Hydrapak Reservoir - Clear: Automotive

Second the Dakine products, ive had my heli for 10 years. Used it for school and snowboarding and mtn biking
I have never used a KLIM pack, so what makes it easier to clean than camelbaks?

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
If you do any backcountry mixed in with your resort riding I would seriously consider the Black Diamond Bandit pack with Avalung.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts