Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to get all commercial on this forum but I wanted to share a really cool product idea with you all. A Buddy of mine has managed to create a couple of carabiners that hold tools. Specifically he’s fitted snowboarding and skiing specific wrenches, a screw driver and a bottle opener into a carabiner.

He has just launched a Kickstarter Campaign to help fund this awesome idea. Check it out here: CL!CK CARABINER | The Snowboard & Ski Binding Tool by Mark Schmid — Kickstarter grab a couple if you are psyched on them and please share with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, professors, girlscout troop members, or anyone else you can think of. Now get back to your internets.

The Kickstarter page has a video and all the info about CL!CK Carabiner. CL!CK CARABINER | The Snowboard & Ski Binding Tool by Mark Schmid — Kickstarter

·
Registered
730 Posts
Not to get all commercial on this forum, but i'm about to get TOTALLY COMMERCIAL ON THIS FORUM!!!! :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown: not for just crapping promo on this forum, but :thumbsdown: on a poorly designed product that appears to be not only a shitty screw-driver, but also a shitty bottle opener and the best feature is it clips to shit. I have pockets. LOTS of pockets. Pockets in my pants, jacket, and backpack. Pockets that carry real tools.

:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
196 Posts
perfect, all you need to do is forget to slide one of the screwdrivers back into place and have a nice fall... pretty sure that would be ugly

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
A quote from the site:

"We’ve sacked our savings, maxed out our credit cards, and even raided my son, Kimathi’s college fund to bring this project to where we are today."

This, folks, if you've ever watched Dragons Den, is what NOT to do when inventing something.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I really like that...

But i won't be buying one, under any circumstances...!!!

Not now not ever...!!! :D

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Despite all the bitching about it, I don't see why this isn't a useful tool.
I know of people who have impaled themselves carrying around tools in their pockets.
Also, I carry around the Burton mini tool that has several pieces that fit into the centre holder. It's great, as long as you don't drop one of the pieces in the snow when you're changing them around.

This carabiner solves all of that IMO.

And if you forget to tuck in one of the pieces, this thing is still hanging on the outside of your clothes and is less likely to impale you than a tool inside your clothes that you forget to put away properly.

I think this is a good idea actually.

As for the forum rules, technically the product is introduced by a video with full explanation of what it is and why you should consider it. It may not have been introduced by a video from the OP, so that is a violation of the rules, but, meh, I don't care in this case.

I might get a couple of these.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
It probably would have helped your response immensely to read the forum rules first and follow them because this place is full of cunts, me included. In saying that, I'm with greydragon - I think it's a very simple solution and a well thought out tool. Provided it's solid and made with quality materials I'm in.

Personally I hate carrying chunky multi tools in my pockets, if I'm wearing a backpack then it's not an issue obviously but I don't often have a pack on. I like that fact that it's compact because I often incorporate a trip to the snow into a longer holiday, so the less shit I have to carry the better.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
or...you can check and tighten all your shit before you go ride, crazy idea!

once, and only once, have i used one of the tool benches provided at every lift here

still...good luck to them

·
Registered
689 Posts
Gee thanks for the hot tip Cass. What a revelation.

I do tighten my shit and check it over before I head out each day however unfortunately things just loosen off occasionally.

Last year in Japan I built a kicker with a mate and lost a screw from the ratchet on my toe cap after using my board to pack down the snow. By chance we found it but if I didn't have a tool with me then I'd have been fucked. Not many tool benches in the backcountry right?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Imagine how shit it would be trying to turn that screwdriver in a binding. Its just too wide to use effectively

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Imagine how shit it would be trying to turn that screwdriver in a binding. Its just too wide to use effectively
That was my first thought when I was watching the vid. I think it is an interesting concept, but my Dakine pocket tool will be more than enough for me, for the emergency situation.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I actually quite like this, I hate having random crap floating in my pockets. I don't think the size would be a problem for my bindings; you don't need to hold it sideways as far as I can see.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts