Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Sugar Bowl yesterday and saw tents for union, libtech, burton, K2 etc etc. How does this demo thing work? Do I have to pay to try out gear or put down a deposit? Do I have to register for anything?

I'm curious, as I want a reverse camber board, but I want to try one out before I commit.. I think demoing would help a lot, but I'm not sure how the process works.. Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Usually just drop off your credit card or drivers license and they hand you a board.

Reverse camber is the shit though. Super awesome for a pow board. Bites hard and stays "afloat" with minimal effort.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, that easy huh?

I'm guessing I could just drop off my board there for the day? I'm gonna keep a look out next week..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, easy peasy. Really depends on where you are too. At my local hill, the dudes who run the demo days work at the local board shop. So I don't even need to drop anything off. Just grab and go.

All you gotta do is ask. But I can't see it being any more difficult than dropping your CC or license.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hahaha thats really funny cause i was there yesterday trying out all the different boards, basically you give them your credit card info, and you can try out different bindings and boards, it was 10$ for all day plus lift ticket.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
They charge for Demos? Or for Rentals of high end equipment? :)

Demos i consider when all the companies come in and show off their stuff, just give a credit card and ID as stated and go at it..

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
go to the table, drop a credit card on their ass, pick a board, let the monkey put your bindings on backwards, and then ride off

or if you live in vancouver, you ride your own board because demos dont exist

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They charge for Demos? Or for Rentals of high end equipment? :)

Demos i consider when all the companies come in and show off their stuff, just give a credit card and ID as stated and go at it..

Yeah, I just called kirkwood's "Demo Center" and they said it costs 50 bucks. I think that might be different from the tents sitting outside. I'll stop by the tents next week and see what's up.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yea we have the Demo centers here too..its just another way of saying "Not the normal shit 2x4's we rent to people". :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Two different things.

Demo Center- Shop that is part of the resort, charges for use of their high end equipment but will deduct it from the sales price if you happen to buy.

Demo Days- Factory reps come to the mountain with their tents and free demos. Our spring one was yesterday and most reps had next years gear. Some were selling off this years demos for a good price.

Demo days are a one day event, the demo center is open every day.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
A few vendors didnt really seem to bring enough to demo though this time...I had to wait 3 hours for some dude to bring back the only pair of L Auto Evers that K2 brought...lame. Granted its more the guys fault, but still sucked ...demos end at 2...they come in at like 1:30...lol

Did get to try the new NS Evo, just not for me with all of the chop i ride through.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Dont be a douche and demo a board/bindings all day. Other people want to try the shit out too. Do your 30 mins to an hour and give it back for something else. Of course this doesnt pertain to renting from a demo center...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts