...I thought that was "a given?" :huh:

:D

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,545 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I just hook them behind my front leg and let it pull me up. It'll take a few tries to get it though. You'll look like a dumbass and get laughed at your first time. Just have fun with it.

When I rode the TBar at Castle Mtn in Alberta I'd let it pull me up. You could do rodeos on your way up the mountain in spots that it would slingshot you!

·
Registered
608 Posts
That Portillo lift is crazy. I know someone who trains there in the off season for World Cup, gonna ask him about it next time I see him.

First time I snowboarded I had to use a T-bar lift, took me about 5-6 times till I got it right but once you get the balance its alright. Ran into problems though when the ground got uneven and ski tracks zig zagging but I was a complete noob. Haven't been on one since and avoid them at all cost haha.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The worst is when you lean back too early on a T-bar and the cable isn't fully extended yet and splat, down on my ass. Speaking from experience here, fucking embarrassing lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
The issue with T-bars is that their design has traditionally remained the same since 1930s, with zero or very minimal improvements. www. boardie .se has come up with wider and more ergonomic T-bars that are seemingly more comfortable. There is also a video of theirs that you can watch which shows how easy they are to use:

·
Registered
421 Posts
The issue with T-bars is that their design has traditionally remained the same since 1930s, with zero or very minimal improvements. www. boardie .se has come up with wider and more ergonomic T-bars that are seemingly more comfortable. There is also a video of theirs that you can watch which shows how easy they are to use:
Meh.. i tried those or similar in Storlien. And they are no better than normal, just a gimmick thing. And younger ones have trouble with them due to a smaler stance.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Meh.. i tried those or similar in Storlien. And they are no better than normal, just a gimmick thing. And younger ones have trouble with them due to a smaler stance.
Kungsberget has blue ones that are wider and flatter than the traditional black ones. Much more comfortable. Don’t really know if they are the same brand though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Kungsberget has blue ones that are wider and flatter than the traditional black ones. Much more comfortable. Don’t really know if they are the same brand though.
Same in Storlien, they have the normal black ones. Another type that’s red (didn’t get to try that one) and a light blue one that is more cushy, wider and flater. I don’t know if they are trying them out or what because it’s like 1 new one after 4-5 normal ones on their lifts. Don’t know what brand either, just know that they where not a hit for us. My youngest kids hated them, they are too bulky for a short stance like they ride. Same with me, never had a issue with the standard old ones.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Are you all putting the t-bar between your legs? I put it behind my back and lock it under me downhill arm pit. I’ve personally found it not only makes it easier to manage but so much more comfortable

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,172 Posts
Are you all putting the t-bar between your legs? I put it behind my back and lock it under me downhill arm pit. I’ve personally found it not only makes it easier to manage but so much more comfortable
I have it pulling on the inner thigh of my forward leg. Then it works with the height skiers need, you're not always solo. In your armpit pulling on your upper body would be tough on steep climbs.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Always been solo on t-bars so never really had to give sharing any thought. Personally I've never really found steeps to be an issue with the bar higher up on the body

41 - 60 of 81 Posts