Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,188 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Super rad! Where do I get one?

Not sure how many kids here will appreciate it. They’re too concerned with scuffs on their boots and posting pics of toe overhang than the actual culture haha.
Kids these days aren’t angry enough or poor enough. Are they even able to sit through a 30 minute video with music thats too aggressive for their fragile ears. 🤘🤪🤘

What kind of shit would we have posted back in the day?
“I’ve got this hole in my glove. How much duct tape should I use to fix it?”
”Ive got this hole in my boot. How much duct tape should I use to fix it?”
”Ive got this hole in my pants. How much duct tape should I use to fix it?”
”How many stickers is too many to put on my board?”
”Is it OK to wash my snowboard jacket?”
”How do I attach a leash to my boot and board?”
”How do I know if I have a concussion?”

Of course, there were no “old farts” back then to answer our questions.
I still keep a roll of duct tape in my bag. it’s right next to the bottle of ibuprofen.

· Registered
250 Posts
Kids these days aren’t angry enough or poor enough. Are they even able to sit through a 30 minute video with music thats too aggressive for their fragile ears. 🤘🤪🤘
Right?! I noticed a lot of the movies this season had more punk/grunge/metal in them, so that’s a start at least. I just remember 15-20 years ago being more concerned with how to learn a back rodeo than how much overhang I had or freaking out over topsheet scratches for 3 pages worth of a thread. Times they are a changin.

· Registered
110 Posts
At 43 in a couple of weeks am I finally part of the so-called "elderly" that are supposed to be a "treasure to society"? Already? Damn...
43 falls under the "elderly" ? I must be ancient! My wife took up snowboarding at 43 as a birthday present to me. That was almost 15 years ago.
She still rides with me sometimes too.
Don't despair! Life get's better after 50!

· Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
43 falls under the "elderly" ? I must be ancient! My wife took up snowboarding at 43 as a birthday present to me. That was almost 15 years ago.
She still rides with me sometimes too.
Don't despair! Life get's better after 50!
I was merely asking the question, not stating I was... 😁
However, I'll point out that there aren't many guys my age (try any) riding the park and throwing themselves around like I am. I do feel like an old man when I stop at the top of the in-run for a tabletop or a rail. Makes me proud somehow...

· Registered
110 Posts
i remember watching “Picture This“ and getting really into the soundtrack.
First time I ever heard the band Ratatat.
my boarding playlists changed after that video.….. remember illegally downloading MP3’s to put on your 128mb or 256mb mp3 players? just enough songs to get you through the day.

Lets go back a bit further.
Anyone old enough to remember the astraltune portable cassette player?
Literally a car cassette deck and 8 D batteries strapped to your chest and headphones that dug into your ears!
It was the mid/late 70’s and I was skiing moguls to Led Zeppelin back in those days!

The Walkman came out soon after that. (we all know what that is, right?)
check out the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts