Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to Hokkaido with my wife and friends in February, but I'm blessed with an extra week off earlier than them and was thinking I'd just head to Japan for that week to get some extra shredding in.

I'm looking for some recommendations on guides, tours, groups, you may have tried and how you liked them. Also any lodges where you're likely to meet other like minded riders. I'm really just looking to get out there and shred, explore some back country, and make some new friends.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello,
I had been looking into going to Hokkaido this year and a lot of tours were fully booked for Jan and Feb. The tours left seemed to be really pricey.
You can have a look on powder hounds website.
I was in touch with a guide that organize day trip out of Furano when enough people, and he seemed to promise to get me out most days. If that is the case, riding Furano on your own a couple of days might be a good option. I'll find the email address if you are interested.
I definitely recommand getting with a group if you can find one. If you fly there, the peace of mind to just wake up and being driven to the pow is too great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah I'm intimately aware of the Powder Hounds site.

I'm looking for some first hand experiences with ideally a group thing with some amazing guide. I see Mint tours has a few trips with guys like Ettala and Heikki Sorsa, and other tours with local Japanese legends which is the exact sort of thing I'd love to find more of. Unfortunately those trips don't match my dates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts