Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am an intermediate rider. i ride mountain and park. right now im riding a rosignol scope 156. its a nice ride for me but i feel limited in the park. i think i might be riding too big of a board. im 5'9 170 pounds and wear a size 9 boot. been looking at the ride agenda 152 and 147. i feel the 147 might just be way to small for me. any opinions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i go every year and i used to always rent. i didnt remember my board size i used to get. but i know last year when i had my own board i couldnt get some of my full rotation on my spins down on tricks i could do with zero effort the years before

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
sorry I deleted my post as I'm really suck in the park so I won't talk to it.

alot of mfg's are blunting tips these days to not only reduce swing weight but also allow you to ride 2-5cm smaller.

there are also shrink tech boards like...rome shank?...can't remember...you could try.....

·
Registered
726 Posts
If all you plan to do is hit rails, sure go get a 152. I guarantee you its going to hinder your riding on the rest of the mountain, in deep snow and stability off jumps. The 156 (155-157) is perfect for you. I would say if anything you should look at a softer board, from what I know that Rossy is a 7. Look for a 4-5 flex type all mountain/park board between 155/157 and you should be set. Lots of recommendations on this forum for these types of boards so I'd say go read through some recent threads. There are a few boards out there that ride well on the shorter side for sure, like say an NS Proto 154 would be a good fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would a 154 thats a park board work better than a 152 all-mountain/freestyle board? or would the 152 be a better move. im more of a casual mountain rider than a full blown downhill mountain rider. just wanna be able to hit the park and flow down the mountain too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I started last year and tired a few boards. I'm 5'11" 165 and loved the 147 Ride Agenda. I was also mainly doing park though. But you aren't nearly as stable at high speeds. Mid 150 boards are probably going to be your best bet for all mountain. But read up some more on it, plenty of different perspectives on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts