Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an EPIC start to winter in the Midwest (southeastern part of state and most of the state acutally), with just a little bit of cold. My local hill blew snow, was 1st to open with a lift and for the 1st time that ever seems to be has a few park features out :yahoo: I know for many of you this is like big deal but here and for my hill this is Mosses parting the water !!!!

I rode Wed & Thurs for a few hours each day. I can't believe how tired and sore I actually am. I had a great time riding with all 3 of my kids.
So looking forward to the days and season to come !!!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
In an EPIC start to winter in the Midwest (southeastern part of state and most of the state acutally), with just a little bit of cold. My local hill blew snow, was 1st to open with a lift and for the 1st time that ever seems to be has a few park features out :yahoo: I know for many of you this is like big deal but here and for my hill this is Mosses parting the water !!!!

I rode Wed & Thurs for a few hours each day. I can't believe how tired and sore I actually am. I had a great time riding with all 3 of my kids.
Right on. I got out last sunday, my tailbone is still sore. :laugh:

I hope there's still snow left this sunday...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dont wanna hear it, I had 5 oz of fluid drained from my left knee Wednesday, then followed by a cortisone shot, then today I got another shot in my left heel.

I guess the 29 years of boarding, mtn biking and hockey are catching up, but it won't stop me from rippin powder turns

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
So jelly. Down here in STL we are still looking at about another month until our hill opens. Then another two weeks before they put out features. Might make an early Dec trip up north to Chestnut though.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
I feel your pain! Tomorrow is going to be my first day out! (...arthritis has got me a little achy today already!) I'm stoked for tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to Sun. morning! ;)

Got the NSAID's on standby! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I feel your pain! Tomorrow is going to be my first day out! (...arthritis has got me a little achy today already!) I'm stoked for tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to Sun. morning! ;)

Got the NSAID's on standby! :laugh:
where are you riding in southern Michigan at this time of year?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Got my first ride in today. 7 hours straight of slush and then 3 hour drive back home. Just woke up from the best nap of my damn life and my whole damn body hurts. That heavy slush really makes you work harder than normal. Getting old sucks. But it was so worth it. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Got my first ride in today. 7 hours straight of slush and then 3 hour drive back home. Just woke up from the best nap of my damn life and my whole damn body hurts. That heavy slush really makes you work harder than normal. Getting old sucks. But it was so worth it. :yahoo:
Where were you riding at? I'm up for a road trip.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I caught a bad heel edge and slammed otherwise if just be a bit sore. I still wanna go in the morning depending on price.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
where are you riding in southern Michigan at this time of year?
Just the two of our little SE Mi. locals. We got a few days of really cold weather this week and they blew enough to open our very own mini WROD's. Guess it doesn't take long to cover tiny 300 ft. Of vert and .3 mi runs. :-/

Wed. was their earliest open ever. Missed that cuz it was pm sesh and I work evenings. Tomorrow is likely to be the last day for next week or two. Sun. forecast is mid F'ing 60's! :(

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Thanks man. That is about 6.5 hours for me but it'll be another month before my home resort is open.
The conditions were shit but being able to ride mid November was worth it. Plus the local kids set up up some good park features and no lift lines. Can't wait till the temps drop and stay dropped.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

first, YOU are OLD!:laugh: and second, you suck cuz you are riding already. ok just playing but i'm jealous that you and your kids are riding now. Two more weeks over here so i'm just keeping myself together. I'm sure i'll be sore as shit when i get my first day:)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
it gets so much easier after a couple weeks though...no matter what pre-season training you do, the actual riding just hits spots you don't use for anything else. i know i hit my peak with jumping, cliff dropping in about '98, but what you got left is steeps, speed, and switch. thats where i've put my emphasis the last 5 seasons or so, and i think i never was better at them than now.(44 btw)

anyways, just thankful to even be so lucky to be up there

and...don't start saying you are old all the time, unless you are like 75, then its ok...surest way to get old!

imma be this guy, substitute snowboard for surfboard...i bet homie is sore as fuck every night

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hit the gym a few weeks early this year in anticipation of opening day.

I turn 33 on Wednesday. If I hit the mountain unconditioned or mildly conditioned I would die. OMG I'M OLD!!!!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
I hit the gym a few weeks early this year in anticipation of opening day.

I turn 33 on Wednesday. If I hit the mountain unconditioned or mildly conditioned I would die. OMG I'M OLD!!!!
Phfffftttt! My younger sisters oldest kid is about your age! My first day out was today, I ache already. :laugh: Tomorrow morning is gonna b hell! ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts