Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can collapsible splitboard poles be used like ski poles to push on flats when you are on a board?

I've asked a few snowboarders I have seen using them, and some have told me no, the poles will break, and others have told me that you can use them that way.

I do no have a splitboard (probably won't for a while), I don't do any serious touring, but I do venture into sidecountry, and there are situations where I find myself on flat skier tracks (usually when heading back inbound) where being able to move without unstrapping would be rather handy.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Yes However kind of cumbersome, carrying a pole around. If you are going to eventually get in to splitboarding basically there are the Black Diamond compactor...that z-collapse (fold) in to 3 sections and the BD Expedition 3 that uses the standard collapse (nest) into the tube. In general the Expedition 3 hold up better than the compactors. However the compactors are short enough to put into a pack.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It'll work. Those who broke em probably poleplanted at high speed or deep powder or both. It should be enough using one at toeside. Had a bd compactor alu for years and it holds up. Just need to tighten the wires correctly. I think people break poles by accident or misuse. Carbon can deteriorate over time I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts