Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered this weekend my pack is only designed to carry a board, and I can't strap the split on in tour mode, so wondering if any of you guys have packs you really love that have a board and ski carry?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yeah that works fine, lotsa skiers use it. Not that most put skis on their pack, but still. I kinda prefer to put my board back together if I have to carry it, but that can be a pain unless you have the right board and skins. Most brands are starting to get it now, though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that works fine, lotsa skiers use it. Not that most put skis on their pack, but still. I kinda prefer to put my board back together if I have to carry it, but that can be a pain unless you have the right board and skins. Most brands are starting to get it now, though.
Yeah, I have to take the bindings off, think the clips on the skins would get in the way too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have an Osprey Kode 32 which I think has since been replaced by the Kamber 32

Can't really say enough good things about Osprey packs. I have a 20L day-pack and a 60L for backpacking and they are all really well built and highly functional

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm using the Burton AK Incline 30L. I like it so far, super comfy, but I've yet to put it through its paces long term.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to be careful with certain float backpacks with the way you attach the board. Some ways of attaching will prevent the bag from deploying properly.
At some point I might get an airbag, but not there yet. Thanks for the heads up though.

I have an Osprey Kode 32 which I think has since been replaced by the Kamber 32

Can't really say enough good things about Osprey packs. I have a 20L day-pack and a 60L for backpacking and they are all really well built and highly functional
I've got an Osprey for backpacking that I love too. Great bags.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've personally tried/evaluated at least 10 different backcountry-specific 1-DAY packs during the past 2 seasons. They ALL have some deficiency which makes them less-than-perfect in one way or another. The best compromise of ALL these packs, and the one that I actually purchased, was the Osprey Kamber 22.

The fit and weight distribution while fully packed is EXCELLENT. I found little features, like the tuckable helmet holder and hip strap pockets to be well designed. The pack attachment systems for ski poles and A-frame carry can definitely be improved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts