Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took me awhile. I put together a vid that has footage from this Spring which has just been amazing. Shot at Berthoud Pass and Stevens Pass.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Great mix of days. We seem.to have had an exceptional spring. This is only #3 for me though..... april was awesome snow.... actually snow had been great since late Januaru

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Maaan that was a sick coolie.

Did you get to ride the new NS Prospector? How u like?

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Let me see if I can answer everything here.

Argo, this has been an exceptional spring. You're right, the snow really didn't start until January and to be honest it really didn't start flying until Mid February. Snowfall wise in the Front Range we are just about where we were at during the 2010-11 season. Yeah the record setting year. It is a wonderful winter we are having this spring.

Antipodean, Cody is a very fit dog, but he is getting up there. He is 9 now. I have less days to ride with him ahead than there are behind. Spring conditions tend to be firmer underneath so he can really move. Of course he can't keep up on steep lines and I'll pull up and wait for him. He knows the drill and probably knows Berthoud Pass better than most people who ski there. You have to have a little patience riding with a dog, but in the backcountry that is a very good thing.

Snowklinger, I have not gotten to ride the Prospector yet! I am sure you know the factory moved and that threw a kink in their production runs. Not sure if I'll get to get on one before the season is out or not. I've been riding my SL which is still an awesome board and I have been demoing the Rossignol XV Split, which is also a great ride. If I don't get a chance to demo the Prospector this year, I am sure I'll get on it in the fall. If we ever get snow in November again that is.

That couloir is called Frankenstein. I personally think it is the best one on the pass. It is a little more hazardous to get to and doesn't always fill in. So I only get to do it once or twice a season if I am lucky. There are certainly harder lines on the pass, but this one is just about as perfect as it gets.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
awesome vid Killz, and your dog too is cool!:thumbsup: I'll be trying out the Beartooth pass riding again this summer and hope to NOT get my ass handed to me by a POMA lift:laugh:

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beartooth is supposed to be awesome in the summer. I need to make the trip one of these years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts