Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to snowboard and I am waxing my board by myself. However, when I wax my board this time, there are unusual stains coming out. I think they are fading off from the color patterns. I am not sure whether it is my fault though. Before waxing this time, I have removed the remaining wax using wax remover spray. Does it cause color fading more easily? Or did I overheat my board? And did I break my board?
If the board is fine, is there any way to remove the stains? What kind of service can I ask for in the store? Thanks!

Here are some photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The board is fine, try using a green brillow pad to take the stain out, also use it after scraping to get aaalllll the wax off
Thanks. I will try this. Should I use the green brillo pad every time when I get the wax off?

I also wonder why it happens. Is this common? How can I avoid it?
Maybe it is because I didn't clean the base well enough before applying new wax. Has anyone ever got the same problem?

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,120 Posts
Those marks seem too insignificant to worry about!

Don't overthink it, you don't really need to clean the board before applying wax more than a quick wipe with a cloth to remove grit. Bases are pretty durable, I've never damaged a base using an iron or heat gun. Just don't keep it heating the same spot for too long.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'm doing a great deal of board tunes/waxes/repairs at present and find when I'm running the iron over LT boards the base graphics do bleed through a clear sintered base and into the wax. I never have this issue with base graphics from Burton, Bataleon, Nitro, DC or any extruded bases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those marks seem too insignificant to worry about!

Don't overthink it, you don't really need to clean the board before applying wax more than a quick wipe with a cloth to remove grit. Bases are pretty durable, I've never damaged a base using an iron or heat gun. Just don't keep it heating the same spot for too long.
Thanks! That's a relief!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
This is a Rossignol Jibfluence board. supposedly a higher-end junior board... :rolleyes:
My bad, I was replying to @Craig64 about Lib Tech bases but applies to your case, too. With manufacturers shifting to sustainable materials and processes lately, some durability may have been compromised.

That said, yours is a very minor case and obviously does not affect the usability so I wouldn't worry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts