Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Why the hell would a skater mention angles? Your feet are constantly adjusting on the board. And it makes perfect sense to be the downhill orientation. As you said, when you ride switch it changes...but switch isn't your normal so you would never state it in those terms.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
As i read about stance i just realize how dumb the measurement system is. It appears that the +/- system is based on the downhill direction which is pretty stupid. My duck stance is +15 / -12 then if I ride switch my bindings become +12 / -15. It should be toes pointed in is - and out is +. The reference should either be the human body or the board, not the direction of the slope. Who created such a system, an American, who likes 12 inches in a foot ,four quarts in a gallon. It is by design to try and keep out foreign competition who can't figure out our measuring system? But it is also a sport that uses the technical term " goofy " for riding with your right foot down hill. What can I expect. Sure it was born from skate boarding out of LA, but no skate boarder ever said I ride +15 0 , or maybe they do, I don't follow the scene.
your stance doesn't change when you ride switch, you still ride +15/-12. Stance is only in relation to the front and rear of the board. Why does it matter if we call duck +15/-15 or +15/+15? Its all relative to 0

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
All the other things are much too serious , pickup down the street getting shot up gun control, mammoth going bk, abuse of the system etc , I try to avoid news nowadays. Your right this belong in the doesn't matter shit area next to the beiber thread , sorry I started this in the first place . Ready fire aim

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
All the other things are much too serious , pickup down the street getting shot up gun control, mammoth going bk, abuse of the system etc , I try to avoid news nowadays. Your right this belong in the doesn't matter shit area next to the beiber thread , sorry I started this in the first place . Ready fire aim
Hey,.. you were honest! You called it a "Rant!" ...and "Rant" it was!!! No harm, no Foul! ...a little "AR?" Maybe?
(...I get pissed off at people who use "Supposubly" instead of SupposeDly!!! Difference is I won't be posting a Rant on it!!) ;) :laugh:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just realized how fucking stupid I really am. I mean I ride +21/+9. What an idiot! What happens if I end up backwards? Oh shit. Im really screwed now man. Lets change it now. For the love of God...These American standards are just shit.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
who gives a shit really about plus and minus. you know what way your bindings should point. all I care about are the numbers, which gives me a reference point.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
The system is good, it's relative to the board.

0 is 0 degrees from perpendicular. Anything in the + range is pointing towards the tip, anything in the - points towards the tail. It makes it very easy to tell a persons stance angle whether they're goofy, regular, duck, forward, etc. etc. etc.

DON'T FUCK WITH IT!!! :blink:

·
Registered
845 Posts
lol lol :eusa_clap:

Seriously........ ???? You should be banned for a week for wasting space, OR, you should get an award because I'm sure there's been a lot of people laughing their ass off at your post!

Either way bro... call it whatever makes you feel better. Start by trying that out at the board shop......... I'm sure those guys could use a good laugh after the 30th board wax of the day!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts