Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ski'd before but got bored of it so now i want to snowboard and im buying new gear.
My choices came down to dragon dx polarized:
On Sale Dragon DX Polarized Goggles 2013

Dragon apx (although i think they might look kinda retarded once i see them irl)
On Sale Dragon APXs Goggles 2013

Electic eg 2 polarized (i have a fairly big head and wear like 7 3/4 for hat sizes so idk if i want eg 2.5 or just 2)
On Sale Electric EG2 Polarized Goggles 2013

Edit: i dont wear a helmet btw so it doesnt make a diff if they dont fit well with helmets

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I don't know why you would need new goggles due to switching from skiing to snowboarding, but I agree with whatever logic you're using. Oh! I know why! You're a gear whore just like me.

Go with EG2's or be laughed at and hated by everyone on the mountain.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Another vote for the EG2 - but check that they work with your helmet (if you are using one).
And stay away from polarized.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know why you would need new goggles due to switching from skiing to snowboarding, but I agree with whatever logic you're using. Oh! I know why! You're a gear whore just like me.

Go with EG2's or be laughed at and hated by everyone on the mountain.
lol my old ones are pretty old and shitty they fog up and have a scratch on the left side which is really annoying. I heard the eg 2s are good for fog and dont scratch easy :dunno:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Look around before you buy, you can find EG2's for much cheaper if/when you settle on getting them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Polarized is great when you're out on the water but becomes a liability on the snow. It can hide changes in snow conditions

·
Registered
307 Posts
Personally I would rather spend my money on getting the best board and bindings I could afford and pick up a cheaper goggle like the VZ fubars.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
He already has unicorn semen wax and satyr horn bindings

Personally I would rather spend my money on getting the best board and bindings I could afford and pick up a cheaper goggle like the VZ fubars.
??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you're just starting to board you should give serious consideration to a helmet. Learning to board is not like skiing. You will slam the back of your head on the snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A good point, but if you're just starting, you're probably less likely to notice board behavior and more likely to notice the difference between a good set of goggles and a bad one. I think its just as important to get a set of goggles that wont fog up every time you slam and will help you see bumps and changes in pitch/snow condition.

·
Registered
307 Posts
A good point, but if you're just starting, you're probably less likely to notice board behavior and more likely to notice the difference between a good set of goggles and a bad one. I think its just as important to get a set of goggles that wont fog up every time you slam and will help you see bumps and changes in pitch/snow condition.
Honestly I just saw the OP mention the APX and the EG2's and to me it doesn't make sense to spend $100+ on a set of goggles when they will perform just as well as a good $50 pair. But that's me. I'm a guy that has tons of problems with goggles and I've come to accept that more expensive does not always equal better, and if he has the cash to spend then I would be more inclined to spend $50 on a pair of goggles and put that extra $50+ towards better gear.

So that aside, let me also recommend the VZ Fubars. I sweat a ridiculous amount when I ride and generally have tons of problems with goggles fogging. These and the Airblaster goggles have been awesome for me, and new lenses are only $15-25 vs $50+ for other goggles like the EG2's. You can find a pair of these for $35-40 on ebay and they are a solid goggle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Theres no real point in buying the best board and bindings when im just starting, i wouldnt even appreciate them for what they are. Ill wait till i get better then upgrade board/bindings. However my old goggles/everything are just terrible atm from being beat up while skiing. 100$ isnt much for goggles i thought, i mean its better than some of my buddies who spend like 200-400. Thats waaaay too much for goggles imo but 100$ seems to get you some nice decent ones, idk you pay for what you get. Ill try out the vz in store when i get a chance and see how they fit

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yea you guys are right, this whole board binding boot business is ridiculous. What I really need is some fucking huge goggles!

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Yea you guys are right, this whole board binding boot business is ridiculous. What I really need is some fucking huge goggles!
You are a fucktard.

The guy in this thread is asking about goggles. They are a necessary piece of gear.

The only person talking about boards and bindings in this thread is you, and you are doing it with absolutely no point of your own, or demonstration of reading comprehension.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Na I'm just playing around man, but seriously what board are you planning on riding?

And snowklinger you can rim my ass if you'd like. The guy started a thread with the title "Starting snowboarding what goggles to get" which implies that he is just starting snowboarding and will likely need to get a board as well. I think my reading comprehension is just fine but I definitely appreciate your input. And I think my point is pretty clear: you don't have to spend $100+ on goggles to have something that works well. Maybe you need a little work on your comprehension.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Na I'm just playing around man, but seriously what board are you planning on riding?
i was like wtf trolling much, i know the snowguns are going and all.....

On the point of the OP though, if you don't wear a helmet, then really all that matters is comfort and style choice.

The EG2's get endless praise and deserve it.

I thought the APX looked cool in the magazine but they look like shit IRL, IMO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

And snowklinger you can rim my ass if you'd like. The guy started a thread with the title "Starting snowboarding what goggles to get" which implies that he is just starting snowboarding and will likely need to get a board as well. I think my reading comprehension is just fine but I definitely appreciate your input.
im sure. Anyway im getting a "2013 insert generic ride/k2 board for about 200-300 on sale" just something to learn on then graduate and move on to better boards

i was like wtf trolling much, i know the snowguns are going and all.....

On the point of the OP though, if you don't wear a helmet, then really all that matters is comfort and style choice.

The EG2's get endless praise and deserve it.

I thought the APX looked cool in the magazine but they look like shit IRL, IMO.
Yea i thought the same about the apx plus im gonna be falling alot while i learn and i feel like they look so easy to break/scratch lol. Are the dragon dx any good? I heard oakley splices are good and are on sale but idk... I feel like every guy i met who wore oakleys was a total dbag/tool :laugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts