Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've decided it's time to start looking for my first splitboard. I know a few of you guys on here have splitboards so I figured I could pick your brain and figure out the best option for me. As my first splitboard, I'm primarily looking for either a used split or making my own, but I'm not sure which way I should go.

It seems like making my own split could end up getting a bit expensive in the end, after getting all the hardware needed and installed, which is why I'm leaning towards buying a used one for a decent price.

What does everyone recommend? I'd love to get a Prior Khyber (which fits my riding style perfectly) but it's a pretty pricey option. Maybe split my Slackcountry? Find a used split?

·
Veteran Member
11,531 Posts
Never been Used Voile Mojo 166 for $560 on splitboard.com. Full kit. Plus several other boards go up there. BCRider often has new boards for fairly cheap.

One thing, I'd tend to shy away from Prior. They have tons of delam issues. So much so, that it makes Lib Tech boards look like they are built like Neversummer's. And Prior uses full wrap around edges.

Making your own will work too, if you can't find a deal your like. Probably cost your around $400 to do it with kit and skins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts