Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday folks.

Im doing a month in the south of nz in a camper. Got me a season pass for the mountains.
Does anyone have suggestions on closest places to park up at the ski fields?

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Gday folks.

Im doing a month in the south of nz in a camper. Got me a season pass for the mountains.
Does anyone have suggestions on closest places to park up at the ski fields?
Uhh, what ones? There's a lot more than you probably think.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Here's a good map for Queenstown;
https://www.qldc.govt.nz/events-and-recreation/freedom-camping/

For Mt Hutt, it's entirely surrounded by farmland. So as long as you're in a proper self contained campervan, you should be able to park up most places just pulled somewhere off the road.

I really hope you've got chains included with your hire, know how to use them, and will be comfortable driving a campervan with them on. The Mt Hutt access road is downright hideous, and it's very long. Dirt/gravel road the entire way. Coronet peak is the only fully paved access road, and they've made some big improvements to the Remarkables in recent years, but the top section is still dirt/gravel road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah that link is perfect! exactly what ive been after.
I do indeed have a certified self contained. so I shouldn't have issue. ive only been able to find where were ARENT allowed to stay rather than where we CAN.
I'm pretty okay with driving just about anything anywhere.

Coronet road is pretty okay in my books. ive not driven into mt hutt before. but ill try anything once.
otherwise ill check out a shuttle service or something.

Thanks so much for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts