Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you midweek pass holders were told they had to buy a ticket during this peak week ? I know I seen three other guys in the lodge trying to figure out why our passes weren't working, which in the past 25 years we were able to use during Xmas break.

In typical Stevens fashion they once again have taken more midweek/select pass privileges away, we used to get free ski check, we used to be able to ride Saturday and Sunday night, then that was changed to Sunday night only and now our passes are not good to use during peak week and they'll gladly give you a day pass ($74) at a $5 discount big f'ing deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They have a Select Pass and a Premium Pass.

According to their website, Premium is good for anytime they are open, and Select is good for every off-peak day and every night after 4 pm. Looks like you should be able to ride Saturday nights.

...especially since there is plenty of snow
But is there plenty of parking...?

·
Registered
210 Posts
This sucks I was going to head up tomorrow and possibly next Monday which is another day we would have to pay. I guess I'll change plans and go to Baker. This along with the fact they are only open 10 days in April (Fri-Sun) also pisses me off.
I see there a few other mid week days in Jan/Feb we would also have to pay. While I'm bitching they could also use another lift or two and some more parking, which sucks big time on weekends.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of expanding, what the hell ever happened to their big lift and lodge expansion, years ago they had a plan on their website that showed 2-3 new chairs, one on the backside, one starting at the overnight parking lot (moving the RV's across the street), another chair east of the terrain park and finally a lodge at the top of the Barrier chair ?

What up Stevens ? I believe that project was to be completed in 2017 (which seemed like a decade ago when they first announced it) and they haven't even started.

Your best bet is BAKER, Duncan and the Howets know how to run a resort.

SPKA should read SPSA= Stevens Pass Sucks Ass

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
between that and the removal of the advantage pass, they are doing their best to increase profits because demand is high. I'm just glad they didn't expand parking.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
between that and the removal of the advantage pass, they are doing their best to increase profits because demand is high. I'm just glad they didn't expand parking.
You hit the nail on the head redlude97, as I stated in an email/complaint I sent them today stating that "it must be nice to run a business that you can piss people off, but they keep coming back for the love of the sport and not the Stevens Pass Experience"

There are two more days that your Midweek pass won't work on, one is MLK Day Jan 16th and Presidents' Day Feb 20th

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Another stupid thing is that you can no longer link your cc to your pass nor reload online, so you're forced to wait in the lift ticket lines unless you have a full on season pass. Idiotic.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since you're only saving $5 by buying the ticket at the pass, you're better off not dealing with the ticket lines and get your lift ticket at the Sultan Chevron Espresso stand.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Well I don't have a choice, with the Max Pass you have to get a ticket from the window each time, even at mountains that have RFID like Stevens.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Triple8Sol, you might call Stevens and ask about that, after sending them idiots a nasty email on the issue we all had with our midweek pass, they replied with their typical corporate answer and also stated that we could purchase passes at the espresso stand in Sultan ?

If I can find the deleted email, I'll copy/paste the section where they mentioned it.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
@Triple8Sol, you might call Stevens and ask about that, after sending them idiots a nasty email on the issue we all had with our midweek pass, they replied with their typical corporate answer and also stated that we could purchase passes at the espresso stand in Sultan ?

If I can find the deleted email, I'll copy/paste the section where they mentioned it.
Is that just for a regular day pass though? The Max Pass may be a bit different...

·
Registered
676 Posts
OT, but Stevens has da worst traffic too!

But their ski patrol is awesome, and they did give me a ticket voucher when I broke meself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The pass restrictions aren't really a problem because the times that you can't use them are also the times that you'd never want to be near that place.

They really need expansion.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Its stupid crowded there on weekends. I am just glad we got an hour early lift loads for competition. Weekend pow days were horrendous. I would shoot myself if I had to deal with that regularly.

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Just got back from night riding at Steven's pass...frick'n rain and wet snow. Obviously weekends would suck, and there are some fuuucked up flat spots and the slow gates to some of the chairs...WHY so dumbass. Can't really say, being a SP virgin that I was impressed. But could be alright on a pow day and at least on the front side there is some definite potential on a good weekday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts