Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dropped from the Max Pass next year so maybe they are actually trying to reduce crowds!
the idiots at Stevens always say they're doing everything to reduce crowds... BS

These guys are absolutely doing everything they can to maximize profit which is no way to run a ski area. Profiting is obviously important but maximizing profit at the cost of the user experience is shit... "we are trying to reduce crowds" while at the same time they EXPAND PARKING! Think about that... you have a mountain that is already absurdly overcrowded and you expand parking so more ppl can come up?? :dry: Blow my mind. Anyway, rant over.

·
Registered
170 Posts
They bumped the prices up this year too. I don't think I would say they suck ass, but I would for sure say they need to get their shit together.

An expansion would be heavenly but they should consider opening up more towards end season and have less facilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Whatever happen to the expansion they were suppose to do ? If I remember right it was suppose to be done 2017-2018 season and back then I thought they need to hurry I'm not getting younger.

They had plans on their website that showed the the upgrades, which didn't really add any terrain. I believe there was a new chair that loaded at the R.V. lot (moving the R.V. lot over by the terrain park), then another chair that you'd access by heading towards the terrain park but then turn left into the woods and there was also a new lodge that was suppose to be built at the top of Barrier.

A close friend used to stay up there in his van every January, one day he told me he went for a walk and counted 86 greyhound buses, not counting school buses or all of the vehicles parked in Sultan or the east side then getting bused up.
What pisses me off the most about not only Stevens, but Baker, Crystal and Mission Ridge) is they're over crowded, over priced which has kept me from keeping my kids in a sport that is my life. When my buddies and I started boarding in '85 skiing was dying so the resorts had $10 lift tickets and NO crowds, now with the skiing and boarding being such huge sports and the area having way too much growth, they can do and charge whatever they, because they know there are enough people that love riding.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
They need to get their shit together........get it all together and put it in a backpack.......all their shit....so it's together.....and if they have to take it somewhere.........take it somewhere....you know....take it to the shit store and sell it.........or put it in a shit museum.......I don't care what they do.....just got to get it together.......get their shit together..........

·
Registered
170 Posts
They need to get their shit together........get it all together and put it in a backpack.......all their shit....so it's together.....and if they have to take it somewhere.........take it somewhere....you know....take it to the shit store and sell it.........or put it in a shit museum.......I don't care what they do.....just got to get it together.......get their shit together..........
Nailed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts