Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Long live Stevens Pass, my home mountain and where I learned to snowboard!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I really hope that people can properly distance and wear masks! Our sport is made for these types of circumstances.

Wear a mask to keep warm (and be safe?) Yes, easy.

Ride a chairlift by myself? Anytime.

Use my car for getting ready and for breaks/meals? Already have been doing that.

I hope it’s not that difficult for people!

Reactions: WigMar

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Stevens even sucks during the summer, they canceled the chair access mtn biking again.

Probably going to use the same excuse they use during the winter, blasting for powder
Seriously!? Can you elaborate?

I bit my tongue and held back from saying too much this past snowboarding season, but now this?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I am not a bit surprised at all about summer season being cancelled. But it is very unfortunate.

In addition to being short staffed last winter, one of the managers (I believe operations manager) quit mid-season.
At least that’s what I heard from a fellow pass holder that was in the know.

I am just grateful that I was able to ride as much as I did and even get a handful of nice powder days.
Let’s hope & pray there is some kind of improvement in staffing & operations for 2021-22.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Which pass did you end up with ?

We usually get the midweek only which is $349 this year
Local Pass for me. We will see if the border (stays open) and maybe I can make it to Whistler this time around. The chance of that happening is not looking good right now, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
If I lived closer to Baker, I would definitely get a season pass there. The drive is an extra 2-2.5 hours round trip for me vs. going to Stevens.

In the meantime, I still need to ride Stevens 4 more times to break even for my pass.

I appreciate you giving your feedback to Vail btw.
I have not gotten to the point yet of frustration with Stevens’ staffing and operations so far this winter, but we shall see how this season progresses and how I feel about remaining a pass holder there.
But even then, I do not think I have much of a choice unfortunately. I am fully rooted in my home that I own and where my family & I work and go to school.

Reactions: Powdertrax
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.