Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
They canceled their mtn bike season

As far as my “blasting for powder” comment, Stevens wore that excuse out this last winter because they didn’t want to mention that a good portion of their staff walked away.

My buddies and I only ride weekdays because of the insane weekend crowds, and to see those insane crowds during the week because VAIL/Stevens was understaffed was mind blowing. So instead of apologizing to their pass holders and single day ticket buyers for the insane lines and literally having half of the mtn closed every time we went up, they just fallback on their “we’re blasting for your safety” but you’d never hear a single explosion.

A buddy of mine sent me a pic of the lift line on the backside due to the fact that they only had one chair open. People were literally having to hike up hill to reach the end of the line.

·
Registered
288 Posts
From everything I heard it was a huge mixed bag. Frustrating to be sure -- I miss riding Stevens 10+ years ago. I'm at least glad that The Summit is making headway on their bike operations though!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Stevens/Vail didn’t give a shit about their customers last year and it showed in some of their employees attitude. Even when you give then suggestions on how to improve/fix them, you’d get lip or your emails would get ignored.

Like I’ve told them in numerous emails, it must be nice to have a business where you can treat YOUR customers like shit yet we keep coming back for the love of the sport Not the Stevens Pass experience.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Has anyone bought their pass yet ? I’m contemplating buying one, with restaurant, home service centers, and many other places of business being extremely short staffed I really think this year is going to be the same shit show as last year (See pic from last year below).

Even with those types of lines you’d think Stevens would stop ticket sales, nope just keep selling and don’t tell them half the mtn is closed. Notice people walking uphill to get to the end of the line and the line continued 40 yards uphill from me. That line typically doesn’t even reach the yellow SLOW sign between the two lines

Snow Mountain Sports equipment White Tree

·
Registered
288 Posts
Select Pass, you mean? The $343 is for the weekday & off-peak hours only.
Nope, we’ve had midweek only passes for over 20 years.

If my riding was limited to weekends, I hate to say it but I think I would have quit or stuck to backcountry 100% and the way it’s going it may end up that way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do tell.

If you went up on op day today do tell ? Just by looking at the webcam it looks like they’re understaffed again, only 3 chairs open and long lines, I’m sure at full price.

Yet you check out the Baker site and ALL chairs and lodges are open, I guess that’s the difference between family owned and corporate owned. Just the other day I was reading a article about a resort on the east coast that I’d never heard of, so I thought I’d look their website and mountain map etc. I then noticed it had a low customer review rating and proceeded to read the comments and you would’ve thought the reviews were from what I’ve read about Stevens Pass. This resort was also purchased by Vail and the same issues of long lines, low run numbers (one person mentioned 3 runs in 2 1/2 hours, lack of staff, unprofessional or no grooming leaving hazardous conditions, etc.

·
Registered
288 Posts
DO NOT GO TO STEVENS PASS, go to BAKER.

I sent Stevens/Vail a email (again) the other day due to their unprofessionally ran resort, this something that has been happening for years, but the last two are by far the worst of any company I’ve ever seen. As I mentioned to them I’d rather have the merch stores and restaurants closed and put those people on the mtn loading chairs, and don’t stop there get those people out from behind their desks and throw them out on the mtn. I also mentioned that Stevens not putting anything on their website about the lack of manpower is b.s.

My buddy sent me a text of a post Stevens did on their Facebook page basically answering every complaint I had on their resort, but in the end it was the typical blah, blah, blah. I also mentioned to them that it only seems to be the Vail owned resorts that are having these issues. Another local resort Mt BAKER is owned by the Howat family and they are opened everyday regardless of new snow fall, with every chair and lodge open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.