Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Stevens Pass WA, 2021

4680 44
This forum is for the locals at Stevens Pass, WA. I'm not sure if many of the people on this forum go there, but this is the place for those who do!
I started this because all the other Stevens pass fourms are really old.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This forum is for the locals at Stevens Pass, WA. I'm not sure if many of the people on this forum go there, but this is the place for those who do!
Looking to meet with a group on December 4th and/or 5th. New to the mountain, want to explore with a fun group.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do tell.

If you went up on op day today do tell ? Just by looking at the webcam it looks like they’re understaffed again, only 3 chairs open and long lines, I’m sure at full price.

Yet you check out the Baker site and ALL chairs and lodges are open, I guess that’s the difference between family owned and corporate owned. Just the other day I was reading a article about a resort on the east coast that I’d never heard of, so I thought I’d look their website and mountain map etc. I then noticed it had a low customer review rating and proceeded to read the comments and you would’ve thought the reviews were from what I’ve read about Stevens Pass. This resort was also purchased by Vail and the same issues of long lines, low run numbers (one person mentioned 3 runs in 2 1/2 hours, lack of staff, unprofessional or no grooming leaving hazardous conditions, etc.

·
Registered
330 Posts
DO NOT GO TO STEVENS PASS, go to BAKER.

I sent Stevens/Vail a email (again) the other day due to their unprofessionally ran resort, this something that has been happening for years, but the last two are by far the worst of any company I’ve ever seen. As I mentioned to them I’d rather have the merch stores and restaurants closed and put those people on the mtn loading chairs, and don’t stop there get those people out from behind their desks and throw them out on the mtn. I also mentioned that Stevens not putting anything on their website about the lack of manpower is b.s.

My buddy sent me a text of a post Stevens did on their Facebook page basically answering every complaint I had on their resort, but in the end it was the typical blah, blah, blah. I also mentioned to them that it only seems to be the Vail owned resorts that are having these issues. Another local resort Mt BAKER is owned by the Howat family and they are opened everyday regardless of new snow fall, with every chair and lodge open.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
If I lived closer to Baker, I would definitely get a season pass there. The drive is an extra 2-2.5 hours round trip for me vs. going to Stevens.

In the meantime, I still need to ride Stevens 4 more times to break even for my pass.

I appreciate you giving your feedback to Vail btw.
I have not gotten to the point yet of frustration with Stevens’ staffing and operations so far this winter, but we shall see how this season progresses and how I feel about remaining a pass holder there.
But even then, I do not think I have much of a choice unfortunately. I am fully rooted in my home that I own and where my family & I work and go to school.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.