Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Burton finally made the epitome of the all mountain shredder? Outstanding in powder, with the needed edge hold for groomers and ice, with playfulness for all-mountain freestyle. Comment below if your stoked. October, come quick.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I dunno if a splitboard is targeted at all mountain, usually you skin to get to fresh lines.

Will be interesting to see if they enter the split binding market.

Edit: I'm stoked for winter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Will let you know at end of December... Can't wait!
Camber under feet, s rocker in front, medium flex, should be a sweet ride, possible concern would be chatter while flat basing and edge hold on hard pack.

Looking nice except the fairly lame artwork....

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
The good ride says its the reincarnate of the Malolo. I don't consider the malolo an all mt board. More taper and more setback than the barracuda. Sounds like a pow specific board to me. The trick pony sounds more like the all mt killer or the sherlock.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Why do you bother reading thegoodride? It's a joke. Here's the review:
The Good Ride Review

The Burton Landlord is the reincarnation of the Burton Malolo with a slightly altered shape and a little bigger set back than before. The Malolo was a very fun surfy board that I felt never should of been discontinued. I think they did it because they felt their might be some overlap with the somewhat recently introduced Barracuda. They do have a similar ride but the Burton Landlord offers a little more taper and a little more of a set back than the Barracuda giving it an even more surfy ride than the Barracuda.
Have these guys even ridden the board? NO.
To them, anything that has s-rocker or taper = a fun surfy board.
The Landlord feels NOTHING like the cuda. Sorry, try again. And no, it doesn't have a more surfy ride. Sigh. Morons.

Yes, the landlord is an allmountain board, as in it will handle all conditions well. The freeride geometry and s-rocker combine to keep the nose up in hardpack conditions, letting it ride more like a normal board than a tapered pow board.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The good ride says its the reincarnate of the Malolo. I don't consider the malolo an all mt board. More taper and more setback than the barracuda. Sounds like a pow specific board to me. The trick pony sounds more like the all mt killer or the sherlock.
It is shaped like the Malolo but I think it is more marketing talk than reality. Pretty much it is a twin with a S-Rocker nose, so it should hold better than the Malolo on groomers. I got the Malolo the 2nd year it was introduced and I still remember skidding down the hard pack, washing out all over the place.

The Trick Pony is rocker in the middle, I am not sure how pronounced is the rocker bit but I rode the NS Cobra in super hard pack icy conditions and it was a 'wild' ride ...

·
Registered
751 Posts
It is shaped like the Malolo but I think it is more marketing talk than reality. Pretty much it is a twin with a S-Rocker nose, so it should hold better than the Malolo on groomers. I got the Malolo the 2nd year it was introduced and I still remember skidding down the hard pack, washing out all over the place.

The Trick Pony is rocker in the middle, I am not sure how pronounced is the rocker bit but I rode the NS Cobra in super hard pack icy conditions and it was a 'wild' ride ...
Skidding out on hardpack on a cambered malolo??? You need to learn how to ride:giggle:

Trick pony is flat in the middle btw. Edge hold is fine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Skidding out on hardpack on a cambered malolo??? You need to learn how to ride:giggle:

Trick pony is flat in the middle btw. Edge hold is fine
Yeah, guess that must be it... or stance too far back, or that was just how it felt when I compared it to my CustomX which was my other ride.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts