Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I use the Dakine Xmat. I like it because it has spikes for great traction but it is clear so it virtually disappears on your board. I didn't use a stomp for awhile but the topsheet on my NS Heritage gets slick as hell so I went with one for extra assurance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd like the burton if it were clear, not white.
Also, if I get the dakine one, how should I place the 4 pieces to get a good grip? or should I buy more than 1 kit?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
go to a dollar store and get some clear stick on bumps (the furniture type used for glass-top tables etc). i got mine for 99c and have seen the same thing in board shops for $12. works fine

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks but -being english not my first language- i guess i dont understand what you mean meaning I wouldnt know what to aks in a store... pic would be appreciated
btw: last time i rented a board, it had the MINI SCRAPER like burton ones, basically just a round piece of mat with this scraper coming out, it was very usefull for the grasp and for removing snow from boot

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i now there are already many threads about this...
but the website where I am buying my board has these two, and I was going for the dakine but read bad reviews
out of the 2 id pick the burton one just because they have studs for better traction.

I use the bagoda m-trac.

go and google it. it has high raised spikes and the glue on the underside is strong as hell

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use this one-
DAKINE Spike Stomp at REI.com

Except I cut it between the rows of spikes to leave single strips, and stick one near the edge on each side of the board so it catches my boot heel and toe. That way it also covers very little of the topsheet and doesn't hold much snow. Works for me...

C

·
0 Posts
I took this ones some time ago, work great for me... The grip is good, and the spikes are not too tall. Besides the writing they are hard to notice on my board, and can be adjusted for any feet/board side without cutting.

DAKINE Modular Mat at REI.com

·
Registered
729 Posts
For skating right? o_O Rental I used when I started had one.. I just slide my foot against the binding now - works pretty well.

I'd like to see someone have a neatly cut square of double sided duck tape.. that would brighten my day.

C

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm kinda backwards... I used to push my foot against the binding, but got a stomp pad after for better grip... :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
when you said backward I got an image of someone skating mongo on a snowboard.. and then you ruined it for me by elaborating... sad panda.

omg omg omg fedex man bring me my cartels!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts