Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you ride?

and is there any real difference between the way the board rides?

i've ridden straps and step-ins, i couldn't really feel the difference.. i heard flows are pretty much like straps, easier to put on but heavier, so a pain in the neck when on the ski-lift.

·
Registered
283 Posts
straps.

who gives a shit if flows are easier and faster to put on? unless you're a beginner it shouldnt take you more than 10 seconds to put on your bindings, and if those extra 5 seconds are killing you then you have problems.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
straps.

who gives a shit if flows are easier and faster to put on? unless you're a beginner it shouldnt take you more than 10 seconds to put on your bindings, and if those extra 5 seconds are killing you then you have problems.
is the only difference price though?

i also heard that with step-ins, though, you're limited to only very firm boots, and you have to buy the boots and the bindings together, or else it's hard to find one that matches the other.

but the question still stands: do they ride different?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I kinda think the OP mighta been a troll since step-ins have been extinct for over a decade, and this _is_ the "boards" forum, not the binders one.

Nevertheless, I am a happy Flow rider. You will have to pry my M9s from my cold feet -- and you'll have to catch me first -- yeah, you there sitting on your *ss in the middle of the unloading area futzing around with your straps.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Straps, but I've ridden a few days on flows and I can't really notice that much of a difference in my riding. I don't think I got any of the benefits that draws people to flows (comfort, speed ect). Maybe if I rode them more consistently, the differences would start to appear, but after about 10 days on them, they didn't blow me away enough to make them my next purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts