Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new pair of bindings. Most of my time boarding is in my local fridge on park nights, and one week away on a mountain once a year. When riding the park i mostly like hitting small to medium kickers with lots of jibing.

So im stuck on which bindings would be the best choice between

Now IPO or Burton Maliviatas.

Help!

·
Banned
257 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new pair of bindings. Most of my time boarding is in my local fridge on park nights, and one week away on a mountain once a year. When riding the park i mostly like hitting small to medium kickers with lots of jibing.

So im stuck on which bindings would be the best choice between

Now IPO or Burton Maliviatas.

Help!
malavitas. beyond a reasonable doubt. the NOW's lack board feel, because they arnet completely bounded to the board. when jumping kickers and jibbing, you want absolute bounded control over every twist your board makes, and want to feel as if your part of your board. also, consider the union forces. durable, and extremely responsive.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
malavitas. beyond a reasonable doubt. the NOW's lack board feel, because they arnet completely bounded to the board. when jumping kickers and jibbing, you want absolute bounded control over every twist your board makes, and want to feel as if your part of your board. also, consider the union forces. durable, and extremely responsive.
And you know this how? You don't snowboard!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BA can I get your view on which binding would be best suited, before the thred gets trashed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
this is a question i actually wondered myself.. in my head i assumed that the nows would be perfect for freeride but no so much for park. really curious if thats the case or if i should have looked more into the nows before buying my raiden zeros

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
No worries man. With the Now binding what you'll get is more ankle play which is great for going through kinks when you're jibbing. Think of it like skateboarding. How does a skateboarder go through a kink? Ankle flex, same concept. They're solid enough for those small to medium kickers you'll hit in the domes and you can definitely rail a turn when on a real mountain.

If you are getting the Now's just make sure to get the new years model and not the last years stock as the straps are le suck.

The Malavita on the other hand is a staple binding from Burton that will also work for what you're doing, just nothing special in the base tray of it.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I was gonna say they are both pretty awesome choices.....:dunno:

Probably the main issue to consider if you are a new tech kind of person who want to try this new tech or stick with old school.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I whent with the NOW bindings, would they be compatable with my Burton Rampant boots?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts