Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on brands that might sell shorter length pants for adults? Burton says there "short" mens pants are 31" inches but you put them on they are realllllllly long. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you! Or has anyone ever tried to get snowboard pants tailored for length? I would imagine the waterproofing would be ruined at the bottom cuffs but I thought I would throw that idea out there too. Thanks.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on brands that might sell shorter length pants for adults? Burton says there "short" mens pants are 31" inches but you put them on they are realllllllly long. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you! Or has anyone ever tried to get snowboard pants tailored for length? I would imagine the waterproofing would be ruined at the bottom cuffs but I thought I would throw that idea out there too. Thanks.
Pretty sure you are gonna have to get some L or XL hemmed.

I'm a pretty thick 5'6" with about a 34" waist and am really snug in Mediums. I cant imagine any medium out there handling 40".

GL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Out of curiosity why dont you feel like you can leave them long? They cant fall over your boot. Snowboard boots are huge. It is possible to drag over your heel a bit but you can just safety pin that up. Snowboard pants are generally made to be baggy so it wont look bad at all.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I bought a pair of Bonfire? Pants @ value village.
They were way too big for me & the cuffs were torn to shit.

But I needed em to complete my phony Whistler/Blackcomb parks crew outfit.
So I bought em.
Haha best investment EVER. Don't think I waited in a lift line all year hahaha.

I left the inner cuff & chopped the torn waterproof goretex off.
Now they are a little shorter because the actual legs are cut off.
Even that shitty gator material does a pretty good job of keepin' my boots dry.

I fuckin' hate long snowboard pants, they get torn to shit, caught in your bindings, then slowly pull the rest of your pants down.

I had a pair of SPIDER pants before that cost about $10 bucks @ VV,
Came home, looked em up the interwebz $800:eyetwitch:

Definitely not worth $800 bucks but I learned that SKIER pants aren't as long.
Almost every pair of stupid skier pants is a pair of those stupid little chic pants, haha I can't remember what they're called?

Haha but I love em, hahaha.

I have a pair of Salomon pants. That will proll y fit you? Might be a cunt hair long?
But close to a foot shorter than everything else.
They gotta be skier pants?
They're slick though, I'd wear em out on the town.

If you're gonna chop up a pair, buy a mint used pair that already has some fraying.
Or just buy my BRAND NEW skier pants.

TT

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think you will be ok with an XL and being 5'7. No need to helm , cut or tuck in. Burton has cargo sb pants that are in short length. North Face has the Freedom sb pants that comes in short length.

I mean the only thing you need to worry about is when you are walking around on the concrete or puddles, however, you many manufactures have a pull string that will pull up the cuffs so they won't drag on the floor.

Here is a reference point. I have on XL burton cargo pants in regular length and I'm 5'6 and yes, I like my pants baggy. You will be fine.

Attachments

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,517 Posts
It is possible to drag over your heel a bit but you can just safety pin that up. Snowboard pants are generally made to be baggy so it wont look bad at all.
All the Burton SB pants I have,.. (3 pair) include a strap /w a snap to allow you to pull the back of the cuffs up. This is intended to keep them from dragging in the dirt and getting shredded when walking around the resort, but you could certainly use this while strapped in to insure they don't get under an edge while riding.

I've got pants in L & XL sizes to accommodate my weight yo-yo'ing between "Buff & Blob!" ;) :laugh: I'm 6ft, bouncing between a 34/36"-38/40" waist. All my street clothes are all 32/33 in. inseam and ALL of those SB pants are pretty long on me. I generally ride with my cuffs OVER my highbacks and I've never had any problem with them getting "under" my board.

I have however, had the cuffs catch on the highbacks and dump me while unstrapping and stepping out of the bindings. :facepalm1: :lol: (…always makes me look like SUCH a "Pro!!") :rofl4: ;)

-late edit-
I should also mention that I have fitted all my SB pants with suspenders and suspender buttons. (Not the claw/clip type!) I HATE having to hike my pants up over my fat ass alla time!!! ;)

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
All the Burton SB pants I have,.. (3 pair) include a strap /w a snap to allow you to pull the back of the cuffs up. This is intended to keep them from dragging in the dirt and getting shredded when walking around the resort, but you could certainly use this while strapped in to insure they don't get under an edge while riding.

I've got pants in L & XL sizes to accommodate my weight yo-yo'ing between "Buff & Blob!" ;) :laugh: I'm 6ft, bouncing between a 34/36"-38/40" waist. All my street clothes are all 32/33 in. inseam and ALL of those SB pants are pretty long on me. I generally ride with my cuffs OVER my highbacks and I've never had any problem with them getting "under" my board.

I have however, had the cuffs catch on the highbacks and dump me while unstrapping and stepping out of the bindings. :facepalm1: :lol: (…always makes me look like SUCH a "Pro!!") :rofl4: ;)

-late edit-
I should also mention that I have fitted all my SB pants with suspenders and suspender buttons. (Not the claw/clip type!) I HATE having to hike my pants up over my fat ass alla time!!! ;)
Its the lack of ass and fat belly that pushes my pants to gangster loving heights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.