Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
not bad. get some underboob/yoga pantness in your first 3 and yer set for lyfe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does any1 do any other sort of boarding during the summer? Surfing? Wakeboarding perhaps? I do. I'd go nuts if I couldn't board the rest of the yr...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
give the guy some credit it's better than most 1st threads, probably better than my 1st thread and way better than that guy selling that intel graphic board 1st thread :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
At least it's not another "help me pick a board" thread. :dunno:

And yeah summer sucks. I can't stand the humidity.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Normally, I'd be right there on the "Summer Sucks" bandwagon, but my city got a brand new, world class, kick ass skatepark. Summer can hang out for a while, we're cool now. :)

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
give the guy some credit it's better than most 1st threads, probably better than my 1st thread and way better than that guy selling that intel graphic board 1st thread :thumbsup:
Better than the intel graphic board?
Yes.

Better than most first threads?
No.

·
Registered
693 Posts

I dont have a problem with helping a guy on a board decision, it's not like deciding on a new car, you cant test drive a board (for the most part), so any info might help a guy out, you just gotta consider the source, if a guys been riding for 2 season's I dont think I'd take his advise, if that were the case I would never have bought a FISH, until I read an educated review from a guy with 15+ years riding, which he said "buy it" and I did.

I've been riding for over 27 years now and have ridden 20+ manufacturers with upwards of a 100 different boards and everything from rocker, long boards (185cm Glissade and a 213cm GNU), asym race boards w/hardshells, to short and noodly.

I used to own a LIB TRS 163 Magne, which I thought at the time was a killer board, then two years later I bought a 162 Malolo that absolutely out performed the LIB (sorry Mike and Peter, you guys still kick ass), even out carving without magne. So I guess what I'm getting at is, I would totally tell someone to consider one board over another, as long as I had the knowledge to make an educated review. As a matter of fact on another thread I asked if anyone could give me a review between the riding characteristics of my full chamber Malolo and the new Juice Wagon 163, and all I got was "who cares, shut up and buy it"

·
Registered
223 Posts
I miss snowboarding but with that being said I am posting this from my iPad while lounging under an umbrella at the beach. I ain't even mad, bro.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

I dont have a problem with helping a guy on a board decision, it's not like deciding on a new car, you cant test drive a board (for the most part), so any info might help a guy out, you just gotta consider the source, if a guys been riding for 2 season's I dont think I'd take his advise, if that were the case I would never have bought a FISH, until I read an educated review from a guy with 15+ years riding, which he said "buy it" and I did.

I've been riding for over 27 years now and have ridden 20+ manufacturers with upwards of a 100 different boards and everything from rocker, long boards (185cm Glissade and a 213cm GNU), asym race boards w/hardshells, to short and noodly.

I used to own a LIB TRS 163 Magne, which I thought at the time was a killer board, then two years later I bought a 162 Malolo that absolutely out performed the LIB (sorry Mike and Peter, you guys still kick ass), even out carving without magne. So I guess what I'm getting at is, I would totally tell someone to consider one board over another, as long as I had the knowledge to make an educated review. As a matter of fact on another thread I asked if anyone could give me a review between the riding characteristics of my full chamber Malolo and the new Juice Wagon 163, and all I got was "who cares, shut up and buy it"
Holy tangent Batman

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does any1 do any other sort of boarding during the summer? Surfing? Wakeboarding perhaps? I do. I'd go nuts if I couldn't board the rest of the yr...
It might not be the same, but skateboarding is never a bad idea. If you guys want to do something similar to snowboarding, in the summer you could always go longboarding down a slope. You still have to carve and YOU GET SPEED

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It might not be the same, but skateboarding is never a bad idea. If you guys want to do something similar to snowboarding, in the summer you could always go longboarding down a slope. You still have to carve and YOU GET SPEED
and the carnage of road rash always makes for a great slam section thread :yahoo:

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
riding a motorcycle is much closer to the speed and banking gs of snowboarding than skateboarding for me.

so its bikes and fishing for me for the summer for the most part.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts