Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Slush slasher has a really soft nose, othewise it’s stiff enough. No camber. I could take that flat profile but that nose was a deal breaker for my heavy front foot initiation riding/ euro carving style so quickly sold it and so did my friend due to the same reasons.
I liked the sidecut very much though.
I had 151 SS and keep a CR 64 (same geometry as Dart 160).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Slush slasher has a really soft nose, othewise it’s stiff enough. No camber. I could take that flat profile but that nose was a deal breaker for my heavy front foot initiation riding/ euro carving style so quickly sold it and so did my friend due to the same reasons.
I liked the sidecut very much though.
I had 151 SS and keep a CR 64 (same geometry as Dart 160).

I agree 100% about the soft nose for the SS for the front foot initiation. I have the 143 and I ended up getting the 151 (own both) to see if there is any difference and I noticed a difference right away going up two sizes. I'm 170 lb with 9.5 boot for reference. It's a decent carver but not a mind blowing one due to the camber profile. It's flat with a big rocker on the nose so you don't get that spring out of the turn when your transitioning from one side to the other. It's a great fuck around party board.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I agree 100% about the soft nose for the SS for the front foot initiation. I have the 143 and I ended up getting the 151 (own both) to see if there is any difference and I noticed a difference right away going up two sizes. I'm 170 lb with 9.5 boot for reference. It's a decent carver but not a mind blowing one due to the camber profile. It's flat with a big rocker on the nose so you don't get that spring out of the turn when your transitioning from one side to the other. It's a great fuck around party board.
Once they give it some camber and stiffen up the nose, I’ll buy it again. It wouldn’t hurt any pros of the board but would simply fix its drawbacks imo.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Once they give it some camber and stiffen up the nose, I’ll buy it again. It wouldn’t hurt any pros of the board but would simply fix its drawbacks imo.
I heard they stiffened up the core a bit this year. I wonder if it's overall stiffer or if the nose got a little extra too. I'd love it if there was mega slasher- stiffer, cambered, and sintered. I really like the sidecut.

While camber would provide more grip and overall fun, I think the lack of camber teaches you to generate the pop between carves and really dig in with the sidecut. When you get back on some camber, you're flying between carves and laying trenches.

I mostly use my SS as a tree board that can rip some carves. It comes out early in the season when there might be sharks lurking just below the surface, and it thrives in the late season slush. I progressed a lot on it because it's accessible, but lately I'm riding something else if I'm trying to really get my carve on. OP might progress beyond it and want something more serious fairly quickly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wide decks are tits, I ride a 157 party platter with a 12.5 boot and can go all the way over, I’d also check the ride pig series, really like the super pig, also hear nothing but great things about the telos backslash

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Thanks for input :) So what are you carving on these days?
I'm usually on an Amplid Pentaquark, or a custom deck. The custom is kinda like a wider mega slasher. It's got a pretty similar sidecut, but is taperless, sintered, cambered, wider and poppier.

I've been carving with ++ stance angles. On narrower boards like my Pentaquark, I increase my binding angles until I have clearance. I think I ride the Penta around 45/33. Wider boards let me relax my stance while keeping that clearance. I'm at something like 30/18 on my custom carver. I've been liking around 12 degrees of splay between my feet for carving, but the angles can change together without changing the feel too much.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts