Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you ever let that go...dibs!

Unpopular opinion I know but...just push the damn thing! You'll spend alot more time riding and learning if you get past this pumping thing.
I do ride it occasionally but not often enough. Wish there was a small features skatepark nearby, I'd like to see if I can awaken my dormant park skills. In my youth the skatepark we used to hang at had the deepest pools, one a keyhole shaped and the other a pill shape. The skatepark hosted a local competition and a few pros attended to judge, one being Bert Lamar. I cannot remember the other pros but they rode the pools before the contest started but Bert appeared to be intimidated by the depth of the pools and opted not to skate.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Turned my low rider into a raised truck! But man it turns so good!
IMG_20200520_193222.jpg
IMG_20200528_110623.jpg
IMG_20200528_110613.jpg

·
Registered
674 Posts
Now that I've taken a trip down memory lane I remember the competition at Skateboard USA a little better and started googling things. Brad Bowman, Eric Grisham and Lance Mountain were some of the other pros there. Below are a couple photos, the first of Eric Grisham (my brother and I are in the background) and one of Lance Mountain (I'm in the background again, partially obscured).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Uploaded a quick footage I recorded this morning on my street in Chicago, super flat in the Midwest and these trucks really let you have some slow fun, also its a great workout

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Found a small tiny hill at my local park and went for a night session, I don't have much experience but this feel very close to snowboarding and technique and engaged muscles feels the same, still messing with the trucks and dialing it in, but so glad I bought it

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just realized my deck is skewed from being in cold storage over the winter... doh.

It's ridable but I can't stand having a skewed deck so I need to get a replacement. Considering buying a complete Yow Pipe 32" and a Byron Bay 38" (just the deck). Then I'll have a longish board and a shorter one without having to switch trucks...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Son got in my longboard today. "As some as you drove off, I though, 'this isn't going to end well..." "I'm not going on that hill again until I learn how to slow down."
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
One of the dangers of skateboarding is the possibility to ruin the snowboard season. But since the snowboard season is so short for me there's no way I'm not riding during the summer. Just got to take it a bit easy.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Son got in my longboard today. "As some as you drove off, I though, 'this isn't going to end well..." "I'm not going on that hill again until I learn how to slow down."
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
His been Marked! :D i had the same bruise/scrape he has except mine was on the left side. it's fun riding till you biff it. "never give up,never surrender"

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
One of the dangers of skateboarding is the possibility to ruin the snowboard season. But since the snowboard season is so short for me there's no way I'm not riding during the summer. Just got to take it a bit easy.
Agree i finally got back riding my skateboard again after a month since my toenail decided to dig on my skin(walking was a bitch). I'll start wearing some protection pads(knee/elbows). The first crashed i had on my left knee took a while to heal.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've pretty much got the onewheel handled now, but every time I get on a longboard, I fuck my shit up lol, can't even heal one before I wipe out again
IMG_20200610_111913.jpg

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've pretty much got the onewheel handled now, but every time I get on a longboard, I fuck my shit up lol, can't even heal one before I wipe out again
View attachment 154206
Damn!! those are some good ones :) you have a one wheel,?! how are you liking them? my Meepo V3 just came in today(30+ days later) so i'm stoked to try them later. I guess with your bruises wearing knee pads is out huh?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Damn!! those are some good ones :) you have a one wheel,?! how are you liking them? my Meepo V3 just came in today(30+ days later) so i'm stoked to try them later. I guess with your bruises wearing knee pads is out huh?
I love the XR, I started with a pint and now I have 2 XR's , best purchases ever, i ride them everyday as long as its not raining, I ordered a Verreal RS (evolve clone) a month ago and it still hasn't shown up yet, also have some skate goodies coming next week, I'll post up when they get here 🤙, the goal is to do a roadtrip later this summer from Chicago to Cali and hit up everything along the way with a trunk full of toys

·
635 Posts
Holy jeepus, I'm struggling to justify buying one and you have two!!!!

I need to show my wife this. They are so expensive here in Australia, I could buy a new car for the saame price.

Nasty on the knee also, I can feel a decent stack is on the horizo as I get more and more comfortable on the longboard. Last week I was just cruising down a smallish hill but with some speed and all of a sudden the wheel hit a rock and just locked it up and threw me to the side. Lucky it was nice grass but usually the wheels roll over small gravel/rocks but it must've just been the angle of this one as it just stopped it dead in it's tracks.

I'll cry for sure

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I love the XR, I started with a pint and now I have 2 XR's , best purchases ever, i ride them everyday as long as its not raining, I ordered a Verreal RS (evolve clone) a month ago and it still hasn't shown up yet, also have some skate goodies coming next week, I'll post up when they get here 🤙, the goal is to do a roadtrip later this summer from Chicago to Cali and hit up everything along the way with a trunk full of toys
View attachment 154207
damn dude! you got two! now i wonder which one gets used a lot :D btw,how much do the tires cost to replace one?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
damn dude! you got two! now i wonder which one gets used a lot :D btw,how much do the tires cost to replace one?
They vary in price ($50 to $100 USD) depending on what you want, and you can swap the tire on your own at home.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
They vary in price ($50 to $100 USD) depending on what you want, and you can swap the tire on your own at home.

Its basically about the same price a regular car tires are somewhat.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts