Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
They're a Go Cart tyre I thought I read somewhere.
They're derived from cart tires, but the newer ones are made specifically for the Onewheel -- different compounds, tread patterns and profiles.

Before manufacturers started making tires specifically for the Onewheel some owners took it on themselves and swapped cart tires onto them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
My Carver Proteus showed up yesterday, it was a blem/clearance board, i think I need softer bushings though, had the nut totally loose before it felt responsive

IMG_20200614_114950.jpg IMG_20200614_114724.jpg
IMG_20200614_115012.jpg
IMG_20200614_123259.jpg

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Cool vid snowdaddy! are you in a back parking lot of a hospital? :D anyways,it's a good workout for your legs and sides(obliques) pumping to keep moving. Last sunday,after mowing my lawn i decided to ride my surfskate for about an hour around my neighborhood street. I was tired after that, but i rode my electric skateboard right after so to relax and have fun. 😁 i ended up lapping at about 20x and carving like i was snowboarding, i set my cruise control at 11 mph and just had fun. My legs where worn out but it was great. Keep pumping Snowdaddy and have a great time(y)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Cool vid snowdaddy! are you in a back parking lot of a hospital? :D anyways,it's a good workout for your legs and sides(obliques) pumping to keep moving. Last sunday,after mowing my lawn i decided to ride my surfskate for about an hour around my neighborhood street. I was tired after that, but i rode my electric skateboard right after so to relax and have fun. 😁 i ended up lapping at about 20x and carving like i was snowboarding, i set my cruise control at 11 mph and just had fun. My legs where worn out but it was great. Keep pumping Snowdaddy and have a great time(y)

One of my favorite spots at one of the University buildings. Very mellow slope but enough to get going. There are lots of places to ride around there, especially in the summer when everyone is away.

I see people riding their electric longboards and it looks like a lot of fun. I've been tempted to get one but I think I'm going to stick with my YOW.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So this morning I went to a concrete skateboard park with a pool, quarter pipes and bank ramps. It was completely empty and no one saw my immediate wipeout when the front truck folded coming down my first tiny little quarter pipe. I did a smashingly good judo slide on my side, giving myself a nice little elbow burn and ruined my sweater.

Once I figured out how to keep the front truck from folding it went much better and I could do series of turns on the banks and pipes. So much fun. The pipes are only waist high and I only went up half that my first ride. I didn't even try to go into the pool.

Think I just finally found my favorite summer time hobby... Don't think I'll ever go back to a proper park board though. I'm just too old ;)

201 - 208 of 208 Posts