Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Honestly the waterborne targeted marketing on Instagram has me wanting to throw the waterborne set up on my Real 8.25 popsicle, maybe with some cruiser wheels. Sure it’s not the intended deck but if you’ve got a skating background like it sounds you do, I don’t see why not. It could be awesome for ripping transitions at the skatepark

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
@MrDavey2Shoes
I used to skate in like high school and have one of my old boards around in addition to a new to me one I picked up locally.
I guess the adapters would work with that board if I got new wheels and maybe new bearings. The 'twin' nature of a regular skate deck wouldn't be an issue?

I think the longboard is just not what we're trying to do for the most part.
You can put them on anything. For me, it made sense to get the complete and see how it's designed to work. Now that I have it, I can take those trucks and put them on any deck (I have other longboard and skateboard decks) for a different ride. Some of the surfskate complete decks from Carver do have double kicks as well.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
For anyone looking at Carver boards and trying to figure out which might be the right fit here's the best resource I've found breaking down every single 2020 model (and some 2019s as well).

This is the spreadsheet: Carver Skateboards Comparison Guide 2019-2020

You can find the whole write-up with recommendations such as "Best Carver board for doing _" here:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Got a nice surprise after work today, my new longboard came in! Small company called whitewave, the board is called the warrior, drop through trucks with a drop deck, lowrider lol, got about 2 hours in today, just slowly learning how to push, love the side to side movement, cant wait till my waterborne kit gets in!
IMG_20200512_184651.jpg
IMG_20200512_184708.jpg
IMG_20200512_184743.jpg
IMG_20200512_192005.jpg

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Got a nice surprise after work today, my new longboard came in! Small company called whitewave, the board is called the warrior, drop through trucks with a drop deck, lowrider lol, got about 2 hours in today, just slowly learning how to push, love the side to side movement, cant wait till my waterborne kit gets in!
View attachment 154022
View attachment 154023
View attachment 154024
View attachment 154025
Love my Arbor Pintail, but looking at something that shape now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well, I got caught and thrown out of the multistory parking garage next door way quicker than I thought I would...
Damn
Where'd you get it? Everything on their site is out of stock.

Yoo so I talked to someone there last week inquiring when they were restocking, they told me they got so busy because of the pandemic, they sold everything out and they should be getting stuff in 2-3 weeks, then she emailed me back the next day to say someone was returning a brand new warrior, I guess they didn't realize how long it was and she offered it to me with a 10 dollar discount, so I jumped on it, also feels good to support a small business, check out the cobra, that's the other one I'm interested in, maybe it could work for you, I think they will be restocked in a few weeks!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Damn

Yoo so I talked to someone there last week inquiring when they were restocking, they told me they got so busy because of the pandemic, they sold everything out and they should be getting stuff in 2-3 weeks, then she emailed me back the next day to say someone was returning a brand new warrior, I guess they didn't realize how long it was and she offered it to me with a 10 dollar discount, so I jumped on it, also feels good to support a small business, check out the cobra, that's the other one I'm interested in, maybe it could work for you, I think they will be restocked in a few weeks!
Warrior was actually the one I was looking at. How stiff is it? My Arbor seems like a noodle, but I have no frame of reference.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Warrior was actually the one I was looking at. How stiff is it? My Arbor seems like a noodle, but I have no frame of reference.

I have the same problem, I don't really know its my first board lol. its rated as stiffer, but at a very slow pace it felt good leaning edge to edge, but man it's crazy how one little pebble will just stop ya in ur tracks! Overall its fun as hell and I was able to pick up pushing pretty easily, maybe the low deck is helping with that? Also this is like 5x the work compared to the onewheel 😆

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I have the same problem, I don't really know its my first board lol. its rated as stiffer, but at a very slow pace it felt good leaning edge to edge, but man it's crazy how one little pebble will just stop ya in ur tracks! Overall its fun as hell and I was able to pick up pushing pretty easily, maybe the low deck is helping with that? Also this is like 5x the work compared to the onewheel 😆
Drop decks are way easier to push and more stable. They use them as downhill boards as well. Great for covering long distances, but don't turn as sharply because, being closer to the ground, the deck can't lean as far. Still my favourite longboard style for cruising around. I ride a Landyachtz Switchblade for the same reason -- support local.

And yeah, a pebble can ruin your day. It's way worse on a small, hard-wheeled skateboard than on large, soft longboard wheels, though.

Enjoy the new board!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh man the amount of days/t-shirts/jeans/elbows I’ve had ruined because of a tiny pebble! There is no greater danger 🤣

My super long wheelbase seems to monster truck over stuff. I can even ride up the baby curbs at the base of driveways. Very different experience than my popsicle.

·
Registered
419 Posts
So probably got close to 30km on the board and wondering if there is usually much maintenance with these longboard like tightening trucks and wheel bearings. Did feel a little looser today, maybe just the bigger hills.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes, there certainly is skateboard maintenance. Many skaters have a state tool or three. Bushings compress and break down. You're gonna have to tighten them from time to time, and eventually replace the bushings. When you do, you'll probably wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Bearings get dirty and don't roll as well over time. Wheels wear down and need to be replaced at some point too.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Hey dude just to let you know, I think whitewave is restocking the warrior this week, so keep an eye out if youre trying to grab one!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Finally scouted my neighborhood and found a downhill sidewalk at the park, cleaned up the path of debris and lapped it for about 3 hours after work, I think something clicked, I was able to do some nice soft carves, starting to get comfy going heel to toe, driving down on the heel turn, and pushing up on the toeside, I was able to pump out on the flats for about 50 feet, I was stoked!
Also getting good enough to kick uphill faster than walking speed. I can't wait till my waterborne trucks get here later this week, I wanna be able to pump on flats because the Midwest ain't go no hills☹

141 - 160 of 185 Posts