Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so just another comparison/recommendation thread. I know that these are very different boards, but here are my thoughts:

I used to own a T. Rice HP and loved it for bombing and carving. Going through the choppy stuff felt like floating with no issues. As I progressed to the park I started to enjoy playing and felt my T. Rice was a little stiff so I got rid of it. Now that I have more experience I really miss my T. Rice and its stability at speed.

Based upon reviews, they say the Attack Banana is great at high speeds, yet offers a little more versatility that can be found in the park. I realize this thing won't handle quite like the T. Rice, but will it hold up? The TRS is out as it's too narrow and my boot is a Burton shrink tech size 12.

So should I go with the T. Rice HP again and just muscle my way through the few jibs that I will be hitting and enjoying the bombing or side with the Attack Banana and enjoy perhaps more versatility and a playful ride while still being damp and solid. By the way, I dont really care about a TNT base as I might prefer not waxing everytime I go out anyway.

About Me:

East coast riding
30 years old, 6'2, 200 pounds

Style:

25% jumps
10% jibs
25% bombing
40% cruising/play

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'm looking for someone that has ridden an Attack Banana to give me some feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought an Attack Banana for this season but unfortunately no snow yet so I can't say much. There are a few members here that has or had one. I'm afraid this might turn into a extruded vs sinister debate. Hope I didn't just jinx that :p

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
If edge hold on ice is a concern, go for the Trice. I rode an AB for a season. And if you want to get into a sintered vs tnt base debate.........chalk me up for being a fan of sintered. I won't buy another tnt base. I percieve them as being slower than sintered and I like speed (were talking 70km/h plus range)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If edge hold on ice is a concern, go for the Trice. I rode an AB for a season. And if you want to get into a sintered vs tnt base debate.........chalk me up for being a fan of sintered. I won't buy another tnt base. I percieve them as being slower than sintered and I like speed (were talking 70km/h plus range)
So thoughts on the AB? I am somewhat concerned about the mellow mag vs the T. Rice. My decision is about more than the base so lets exclude that.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
So thoughts on the AB? I am somewhat concerned about the mellow mag vs the T. Rice. My decision is about more than the base so lets exclude that.
Mellow Magnetraction is still 10x better than anything else out there - some people actually prefer the less 'grabby' feel of the less aggressive versions.

Plenty of reviews/discussion on the AB (including from me) - RTFF.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After scouring this forum and the web it seems there are too many people that are indifferent on the Attack Banana. I can get one brand new 2013 for $350 so I was trying to justify the purchase, but I'll just pony up the $500 on the 2013 T. Rice HP and at least know what I'm getting. Its a great price either way.

I'm also leaning toward picking up a NS Proto HD to see if all the hype is real. If I love one more than the other then I'll just sell one. Thanks for the advice from everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts