Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's already a thread on this board but I was just wondering if anybody had a more detailed review.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you have bigger feet, Travis rice boards fit better. There is always talks about the trs or the banana magic if you are sticking with lib boards. Lib boards are similar but vary is certain ways. The trs has a thinner width waist which is better for feet smaller than 10 foot size, unless u get the wide of course. Magic is kinda narrow too.

Travis boards have a mid wide wastse which is what I prefer for my 10.5 feet. If you get a 153 or a 155, its a little thinner closer to a 9.5 -10 size foot however. This is the same width as a trs 159. Travis boards ride very big as well. A 153 Travis rice pro has the same contact Length as a 159 trs. The Travis rice pro is pretty much a board with its nose and tail cut off, so this is why it rides much bigger for its size. T rice pro is stiffer. The rating on libs boards are weird. They all say 6-7 for different types, but they are vary, esp with size. I ride a bit of everything, so I find this board best for that. If you were going for more park, u may want a little softer flex. If you use it for more low, u may want it a little longer. T rice boards are pointy tips when 161.5 and bigger. Not sure if the newer models are like that now. Some say better for pow, but I think it's more of a cosmetic look that anything. Setbacks and early rise on a nose make the difference on a pow board really.

So depending on what u are looking for, this could be for u. It also depends on your body make and preference as well. I like wider boards since i try to carve and I don't like toe drag. Some like more heel and toe to hang over more for more control and quicker response. T rice boards are known for sluggish turns compared to other boards. T rice boards also are more aggressive and like to go straight, I don't find a problem with it tho. I can turn pretty quick. For pop, I find it pretty good. It's not the best like a cambered board. But pretty good. I like the stiffer boards for more pop like these. The hp definitely has more snap than reg t rice pro models. For groomers, it depends how u feel about the c2. Pretty much started on lib boards. I learned to ride on grooms with a skate banana, which is the squirrelest of all the bananas ( maybe not compared to some of libs pow boards). So I am used to the banana. T rice boards hold much better, so on groomers its fun for me.

I live in Japan. So I am in the land of fresh soft pow. I live to pop 360 on the groomers and love it off piste as much as on piste. I try to have fun anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts