Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get up off my stiff 162 Cambered board onto something a little more freestyle friendly. My first thought was a Gnu pickle, but I'm a little worried about riding a basically all rocker board on the east coast ice. Would a C2 btx be better? Like the T.Rice pro?

I want a true twin
Sintered base
Not too too flexy, but flexy enough for a little bit of buttering
I want something that does well in all conditions
I'm thinking me being 6'0 and 200lbs, the 157 T.Rice pro might be the choice

Thoughts?

·
Registered
767 Posts
trice is pretty stiff, id look at the trs or gnu riders choice for a all around deck. Stiff enough to get shit done, soft enough to dick around.

rider choice has a sintered base, while the the trs is TNT which is a hybrid with fluoro impregnated in it. I have both bases and you cant tell the difference in speed, but they both have + and -. The sintered base requires more waxing and is harder to repair, but the material is harder and resists gouging. TNT doesnt need much wax if any, and takes a ptex candle repair, but its softer.

riders choice is aysm with a tighter side cut on the heel edge. I prefer the slightly longer traditional side cut on the trs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know why, but I had not considered the GNU RC. It looks to be a board that meets all of my requirements. It's one I will strongly consider. Thanks!

·
Registered
845 Posts
It does, but it is like butter straight from fridge - hard and you really have to push :laugh:
Just been starting to try simple presses, on the billy goat and today for the first time on the T. Rice 157 pro.

While a softer board would be much easier, especially for me being that I'm learning, when I got my posture correct both boards pop right up. Mind you I'm only trying when after a run approaching the lift line area. No real dedicated focus. So it is very doable, it's just a matter of honing your technique.

I always like learning on the harder option. And I always liked butter straight from the fridge. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts