Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Talk me into/out of a Wired Vantage.

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  HurtonBair 
#1 ·
HI. I busted up my Mercury 159 on Delirium Dive last spring and am looking to replace it. I'm kinda veering into an all-mountain free ride-ish direction because my old ass is more into steeps, glades, and side hits these days and don't really go into the park anymore. Think Lake Louise, sunshine, Fernie and Revelstoke.

I really want to give Wired a go (c'mon, ROB DOW) and am leaning heavily into the Vantage. I'm 210lb RN, hoping to drop 10-20. 158 or 160? Not sure ATM.

#6 ·
I busted up my Mercury 159 on Delirium Dive last spring and am looking to replace it.
On the Fat Boy traverse I bet? I've got rock boards if I know that's my target in The Dive, just not worth taking something you don't want to damage in there.

I'm a little lighter than you and ride the same mountains, I've considered the Vantage for myself and like Angry said I wouldn't go below the 160, and for myself I'd gravitate towards the 162.

I can also highly recommend the Season Nexus 161, has handled anything I've thrown at it including a few big days at Revelstoke.

#7 ·
On the Fat Boy traverse I bet? I've got rock boards if I know that's my target in The Dive, just not worth taking something you don't want to damage in there.
It was the gully at the far left under Silver City. Cut too high on the left side and blew out my nose on a hidden shark. First time I've ever front flipped on a snowboard.

Got four seasons on the Merc. It owes me nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.