Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else have this happened and should I be concerned? Its done it on both sides between the bindings. Tks

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Looks like cracks in the clear coat not the usual core crack. It shouldn't affect riding but could peel. Worth asking for a warranty if it's under it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Looks like you over flexed it. Might not be under warranty. The core could still be ok, how's it flexing now? I've covered top sheet cracks with srickers to seal it in the past. Had that happen to my cool bean when the nose got caught up in a downed tree. Still rode fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you over flexed it. Might not be under warranty. The core could still be ok, how's it flexing now? I've covered top sheet cracks with srickers to seal it in the past. Had that happen to my cool bean when the nose got caught up in a downed tree. Still rode fine.
The flex feels fine and it rode fine this last weekend. Its a 155 and I'm 5'9" 160 so I'm closer to the top of the suggested weight rating.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It's definitely caused by a flex issue but thin cracks in just that sheet like that without damage to the rest of the board aren't really normal. That UV top sheet coating is far more flexible than the other materials and should be the last part to crack from excessive stress.

Those kind of cracks USUALLY come from a manufacturing error with the coating attaching to the board. I'm normally very anti-warranty pushes as 90% of the time it's user error but that is one id push the company for even if they initially say no.

But in the mean time 100% feel free to ride it as that sheet provides no structural or performance difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts