Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning everyone. I'm obviously new here, I live in Hudson and ride at Afton Alps. I'm 39 and this is my first full year of riding. I got out three times last year and fully ruptured my achilles on my third trip. I've been out maybe 12-15 times this season.

I'm riding a used 2007 K2 Union 164, Ride LX bindings (probably the same year) and the 2011 Salomon Faction Boas i bought new last season.

I've been lurking this board all weekend, and it's the best thing i've done for my ride. After all the advice i've read, i stripped my board down and reset my bindings from scratch. That, combined with applying the torsional flex i read about made a HUGE difference in my ride last night!

Anyways, thank you already for all the great advice!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to skip that step in the future :D
I definitely do. Doc didn't think there was any way I'd ride this year. I told him there was no way I WASN'T. But I don't recommend it. It hurt. Especially since I had to get up and ride the rest of the way down, and could only turn left. I was trying to do a wall ride, came in too hot and flew. High. Landed toe side uphill and then fell on my face. No bueno. It's all good now, and i can ride anything at Afton pretty confidently (except the park, i keep my feet on the ground).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts