Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 7987 Posts

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The Colorado Daily Snow | OpenSnow

Different day, same old shit.

It's gonna have to start dumping soon and often just to be an average year at this point. Sadly, it's looking more and more like last year extended. Just a few months ago, everyone was hopeful because no matter what, this season couldn't possibly turn out as bad as last season, right? Right??? Not so fast... :(

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Colorado Daily Snow | OpenSnow

Different day, same old shit.

It's gonna have to start dumping soon and often just to be an average year at this point. Sadly, it's looking more and more like last year extended. Just a few months ago, everyone was hopeful because no matter what, this season couldn't possibly turn out as bad as last season, right? Right??? Not so fast... :(
Ya not looking good....looks like the old farmers almanac rule of 2 good years followed by 2 bad years is holding up.

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Note to those looking to make a CO snowboarding vacation this season: if you haven't committed non-refundable money, you might wanna start looking elsewhere.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Note to those looking to make a CO snowboarding vacation this season: if you haven't committed non-refundable money, you might wanna start looking elsewhere.
Yea we got some days picked out for wolf creek and whatnot...looks like we will divert to the NORTH!

whatever we could get 70inches in dec (pls GOD[see atheists? see?]). Of course if does not snow I will ask HIM humbly why he hates me so much and wants to shit on my life.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
It aint looking good so far this year, I planned to have two trips in already but canceled them. Sure hope we get snow by the middle of January as I have a week long non-rufundable trip to copper planned.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It aint looking good so far this year, I planned to have two trips in already but canceled them. Sure hope we get snow by the middle of January as I have a week long non-rufundable trip to copper planned.
Dont worry I will be all moved in by then and I know the snow gods will give me some good storms to welcome me to the rockies. :D

By January 3rd shit will be good!

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
Man, it's getting ugly. The unsettled weather for next week looks like a wet fart at best. I hate to say it, but it is starting to look like a repeat of last year. Which is practically unheard of out here, but I guess it can happen. I am already looking at a 3-5 day road trip for next week to go powder hunting...

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
yikes! Man, Thats A-Basin huh? I think I got the wrong pass. Maybe I should go pick up an EPIC (in case we actually get snow)!
NO SHIT!!! I've got 1300 wrapped up in non refundable $$ That pic of A-Bay makes me want to PUKE!! I have a season pass at the bay and already paid for a house in Breck for a fucking week. Not to mention I've spent a shitload on new gear, I even braved fucking black Friday to score some new gloves for me and the girlie. I did get some sick ass Burton gloves with liners for 35 bucks marked down from 80....but still FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!! SNOW YOU BASTARD MOUNTAIN!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
haha, word. I got all new gear except boots....board, bindings, jacket, pants, bucket, gloves, etc plus the RMSP+ pass. And here I am looking at bare mtns.

F*ck it though, I havent been out in 6 yrs (bc AZ blows) so I'm riding all season, even if its man made. A bad day out here is better than a good day back east.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Gotta keep it in perspective... for people planning trips, yea look elsewhere. But for people who live where they ride... ANY riding is better than no riding.

I moved from MI so even what A-basin has open now (2 runs top to bottom?) is better than the best day in MI.

41 - 60 of 7987 Posts