Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

7961 - 7980 of 7982 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm interested to see how these stats roll in for the 2020 season. I could see the market share shifting towards 35% for Alterra. At least on the front range, it seems like ALOT of people are switching to Ikon. I don't believe A-Basin will be too bad due to limited days, but Copper, Eldora, and Winter Park will 100% be a shit show every weekend all season long.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
I made the decision years ago to take Saturdays off, if I do ride I drive up to Steamboat or over to Aspen. Still for a record setting year, the only clusterfuck at Copper was the inane ability for them to get their two new lifts working, other than that I felt the mountain was actually less crowded.

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
Winterpark is always a shit show, Copper has the summit county circus going on. Eldora though? Only if they get a huge dump will that place be ridiculous. It just isn't that good. The proximity to Boulder is the main thing it has going for it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Quick trip to CO

We will be staying just south of Silverthorne late in December for 5 days and plan on 3 days on the mountain. Looking for recommendations/opinions on which resorts to go to. Already been to Breckenridge and Keystone, not opposed to either but we are interested in trying other resorts. Thanks!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,159 Posts
We will be staying just south of Silverthorne late in December for 5 days and plan on 3 days on the mountain. Looking for recommendations/opinions on which resorts to go to. Already been to Breckenridge and Keystone, not opposed to either but we are interested in trying other resorts. Thanks!
I really liked Copper both times I went. I was however, there a lot later in the season and couldn't speak to conditions that early. :shrug:

...and just to keep Mojo & Snowklinger happy. Don't bother with Luvland. It sucks!! ;) :laugh:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
The two competing for early open are A basin and Keystone which are very close to each other. A basin has a cool vibe you should check out. Since they joined Icon this year not sure if it will be less busy or more.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I really liked Copper both times I went. I was however, there a lot later in the season and couldn't speak to conditions that early. :shrug:

...and just to keep Mojo & Snowklinger happy. Don't bother with Luvland. It sucks!! ;) :laugh:
I haven't seen snowklinger post on the forum for about 2 years now, come to think of it, wonder what happened to him ???

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,969
I haven't seen snowklinger post on the forum for about 2 years now, come to think of it, wonder what happened to him ???
He's still around. I run into him every now and then. He's just over the whole internet thing.

Hell, I'm hardly on here much these days myself.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,159 Posts
Tell him we miss his sarcastic ass around here! 😂 Lol

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,976
We started off great, but it looks pretty bleak for the next 2-3 weeks. Now all this snow currently on the ground will get good and rotten so that everything will slide to the ground during the next storm cycle.

AKA business as usual in the CO snowpack. LOL!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
first day of season is now in the book. It was definitely very mediocre.... not bad, not good. Lots of foot pain due to new boot liners I thought I had molded correctly. Right foot was near perfect, left foot was in pain. Snow was "meh".
Edge hold on my rock board was lousy, due to no edge tune. Overall a very
😔 day

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I've had 9 days so far, I was impressed by how much Keystone got open early and got too comfy and blew up my Twinpig from last year on a rock on a side hit a bit too far from the run last month...damn. I had planned to ride that thing until it fell apart since I felt like it could do anything, just ordered a K2 Simple pleasures that I'm pumped about though, it's a shame Denver is getting pounded but the mountains were just behind this current storm.

7961 - 7980 of 7982 Posts