Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

681 - 700 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I bought this a few weeks ago. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet but it is comfortable and seems like it will do a good job for $15. Found it at Winners.

BULA Predator Neo Face Mask - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
Lame

Lame

I ordered these straight from China to my door.

Amazon.com: 3 in 1 Neck Warmer Snood Beanie Scarf Ski Hat Bike Cycling Motorbike Sport Face Mask: Sports & Outdoors

Used to only be $1 a piece and at that price these are killer. Super light weight so I don't overheat but it gives my face a little protection from the elements. Also doesn't hold a ton of water because its so thin so it doesn't turn into a sheet of ice on my face.
Cool, but plain.

LAME

:D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Meh it's nothing crazy for sure but it gets the job done.

I actually soaked mine in Nikwax Polar Proof. Not sure if this is exactly healthy, but it has made this facemask a whole lot more wearable here in the NW where temps are generally right around freezing.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
@pure Industries - Dude, at least try to make some meaningful contributions that are relevant to a thread instead of shameless self-promotion to your shitty FB page where you're trying to sell a bunch of crap. Buy some real fucking advertising if you want to promote your company and keep your worthless comments out of our "dope" forum.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I've tried a shemagh, but I've only found them in cotton (meant for desert climates) and they suck once they get wet. Pretty much like a cotton bandanna.

I tried searching for a merino wool shemagh, but no luck so far. Would be awesome though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ahaa this brings back memories me and 3 other kids dressed up as kermit the frog a nurse a clown and the annoying orange. Best last run of the season ever:yahoo:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shield NW Facemasks

Found this through reddit and thought i'd share here. Looks to be a kickstarter that is plausible and won't fail if its funded.

http://kck.st/1KDS4Z2

PS I know this is my first post, but I have no affiliation except for the money I backed to the project. Just thought its something worth contributing to community

PPS Hello Everybody!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've tried a bunch of things.

So far, the best one has been the Buff. But I don't use it because it's too cumbersome to take off.. and I can't drink from my camelbak with it.

I use the outdoor research Yowie's (or thermal yowie's on really cold days). No fogging if you fold it right.. but you have to fold it right around the nose. It's really easy to pull down and pull back up once you get used to it. Thing doesn't freeze either.

I've also tried the celtek facemask, the nike pro combat facemask, the under armour facemask, the dakine maurauder thing, the shemaugh thing (which is my favorite in theory but the thing gets soaked once and is ruined!), and an airhole bandana. You could say that I have a problem.

·
?????
2,119 Posts
I've tried a bunch of things.

So far, the best one has been the Buff. But I don't use it because it's too cumbersome to take off.. and I can't drink from my camelbak with it.

I use the outdoor research Yowie's (or thermal yowie's on really cold days). No fogging if you fold it right.. but you have to fold it right around the nose. It's really easy to pull down and pull back up once you get used to it. Thing doesn't freeze either.

I've also tried the celtek facemask, the nike pro combat facemask, the under armour facemask, the dakine maurauder thing, the shemaugh thing (which is my favorite in theory but the thing gets soaked once and is ruined!), and an airhole bandana. You could say that I have a problem.
Try a BlackStrap Balaclava!!!!!

681 - 700 of 732 Posts